Fractilians vs Tony McKenzie

• Fractilians get so far that they compared Tony McKenzie with Hitler !!!!
    Now ,that is beyond every expectations, even if it comes from Fractilians ....sickness !
    http://ww.thegearpage.net/board/showthre…r+axe+fx&page=6
    (post #89 on the bottom of 6th page)

Go Tony go , you have my full support !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator (May 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM).

• From a distance it seems all parties did something wrong. Tony made assertions that were demonstrated to not be true. And during that the owner of the product called him essentially an idiot (chucklehead) and then they hopped onto one of his YouTube reviews and just got nasty personal.

So he wrote a nasty personal review of the product. And the Internet War and bad blood continues.

At the end of they day it seems to have less to do with the product than people's ego's.

• That was an embarassing thread.
    It's always interesting to see how different the TGP moderators think some posted stuff is ok and some is taboo to discuss. Imagine that thread instead being about Cliff Chase, the fractal company CEO who continues to sling mud and lie about another brand trying to gain market over competition. Anyone who exposes his bad ethics on TGP will be punished with infractions and those threads are not only censored and closed but also deleted.
    Just mentioning that bad behaviour without using bad words is considered flame bating on tgp. Why is Tony Mckenzie, 11 rack and other brands or people ok to criticize and some are taboo? Why are those threads where Cliff is exposed deleted and not only closed?
    Wait, could it possibly be because of a specific fractal person owning a part of TGP? It's all a nice double standard going on.
    :D

• poor fractilians ...
    some guys start to make a jokes with fractilians, now moderators will delete the thread ...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator (May 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM).

• Yeah the censorship is a bit one-sided.

I've run into it. I'd could respect censorship if it was even-handed, but it clearly isn't.

I think you know that The Gear Page is a Fractal Forum and you expect to run into derision if you mention anything that's not cheer-leading the product.

And to be even handed myself, you can run into fanboi comments mentioning anything here that is questioning of the KPA, but the comments are not mean spirited. I've had my posts being questioned as over-the-top or ridiculous, but no one essentially said my playing sucked because I asked why the KPA didn't have more RAM! lmao

• Fractilians get so far that they compared Tony McKenzie with Hitler !!!!
    Now ,that is beyond every expectations, even if it comes from Fractilians ....sickness !
    http://ww.thegearpage.net/board/showthre…r+axe+fx&page=6
    (post #89 on the bottom of 6th page)

Go Tony go , you have my full support !

Um, I didn't compare Tony to Hitler. I made an analogy that being well known doesn't necessarily mean you are right or talented or due any respect. It is not a ticket to be able to print or say anything without being questioned. I used Hitler as an example of the premise. It was in response to "He is more known and more popular on the Internet than all of contributors in this thread together. " which was posted to give Tony credibility. My point again, which flew wayyy over your head, was that being well known doesn't make you right. Hitler would be an extreme example of that statement.

Tony is looking for attention and he's getting it. His review of the Mark left me wanting. He did nothing but point at the knobs, look at the inside, and read from the manual. His stabs at Fractal in both the written review of the Mark and the youtube were simply a man who got in over his head not being able to let the hurt he suffered go. Even a year later.

He was not vilified in his original review of the Fractal product simply because he didn't like it. It was the plethora of misinformation he provided that was his undoing. A real man would have owned up to the errors and added an addendum to his review. He could have still stated he didn't like it and that would have been fine. Instead, he pulled the review and now looks for every opportunity to libel Fractal.

Honestly, did you really think I was equating the murder of millions of human beings with the internet rantings of one man?

Edited 4 times, last by zentman (May 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM).

• Godwin's Law

Ya know, in hindsight I do wish I had used someone else. I was sitting there trying to think of someone famous that was wrong. First thing that popped in to my head and it stuck. Threads locked or I would go in there and at least add a note. My apologies if anyone thought I was actually comparing the two people.

Edited once, last by zentman (May 10, 2013 at 4:13 AM).

• Ya know, in hindsight I do wish I had used someone else. I was sitting there trying to think of someone famous that was wrong. First thing that popped in to my head and it stuck. Threads locked or I would go in there and at least add a note. My apologies if anyone thought I was actually comparing the two people.

That's the thing about that law. It's apparently physics, it's gonna happen. You could't help it! ;)

Seriously though, I think ditching metaphors altogether and getting right the heart of your argument which is this:

It's classic False Logic to use the argument of "Appeal to Popularity" as substantiating credibility on a subject.

So it doesn't matter if 3 billion people subscribe to Tony's website or YouTubes, that doesn't make him factually correct on that count by itself.

Edited once, last by db9091 (May 10, 2013 at 4:28 AM).

• zentman, aren't you over 50 yourself.
    I have seen posts from you on various forums for a very long time where you get a very bad reputation since you are always extremely overprotective for the Axe fx and use retorics like a small kid.
    Even getting posts removed on TGP because of this. Some might think extreme fanboism like that is not behaviour suited for a mature man.

• zentman, aren't you over 50 yourself.
    I have seen posts from you on various forums for a very long time where you get a very bad reputation since you are always extremely overprotective for the Axe fx and use retorics like a small kid.
    Even getting posts removed on TGP because of this. Some might think extreme fanboism like that is not behaviour suited for a mature man.

E A S Y now. This is not TGP or any other forum. We need don't need to start any flaming here...let's keep this forum civil.

• Wow, I had no idea Harmony Central had it's own Urban Slang after it's forum? Wow.

GC really messed up that good thing. Shame. I miss v1.0 BADLY. Wish there were a way to access underground the old reviews.