What about "inverted" Cabs??

• Hey Folks,

as we all have our more or less serious problems by amping the kemper with classical "amp" feeling what about the
    idea of inverted cab.
    In fact inverted frequency curves that summes up the undesirable "coloring" of a real cab at the end of the chain to zero.

Maybe it wouldn't work 100% but 90 - 95%??

The signal path would be git > kemper rig (including the prefered cab model) > THEN a secound cab but this time the virtuell inverted version of the real cab at the end of
    the chain > power amp (which i assumed to have much less coloring than a cab)

I think one could do that by 70 - 80 % by just doing careful eq stuff - but since the cab model is available anyway - this would be tha more elegant way!

Opinions??

regards,
    Frank

• Well, actually most of the users do not have this problem, specially since the introduction of the CabDriver. What you're proposing is interesting and has already been discussed in this forum, IIRC it was discarded due to some technical reason that somebody else should explain (I'm just a player, not a recording ingeneer).

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Here's another solution: connect two monitors. Turn the second (smaller) one 180° around and set the level much lower as your main monitor. Just as loud as you want the "room" effect to be. I tried it last summer but discarded the idea, as for me it is not worth carriying around a second speaker. But it works!

http://www.audiosemantics.de/
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I haven't been reading up in the forum for a while so I dunno if this has been discussed yet..... but now that the Kemper comes with a power amp, couldn't there be an additional step added to the profiling process software to subtract the cab & mic coloring?

First you perform a normal profile, then add in an additional optional step to the Kemper firmware to allow a profile of just the cab & mic

Example:
    Normal profile chain: Kemper - guitar amp - cabinet - microphone - Kemper
    Additional profile: Kemper power amp - cabinet - microphone - Kemper

Then the Kemper firmware will use the additional profile of just the cab & mic to determine exactly what coloring is being added, thus allowing for more accurate cab removal (cab off) profiles.

• >> Well, actually most of the users do not have this problem, specially since the introduction of the CabDriver.

Actually a lot of people do. If not why would there be so much discussion about whether to use FRFR - only FOH or
    good old fashioned cab's.

• Yes I support this idea...
    Here the two last thread:
    - Tube Power Amp Simulation on Monitor Out
    - Monitor output profiling !

that was not what i was trying to explain ...

but - at the end it's all first world problems ....

yesterday i was lazy and didn't want to cary a stack from one rehearsal room to another ---
    so i used the kemper monitor out into power amp in of a 20 year old ss peavey bandit (which i actually always wanted to cast away)

it sounds realy great! from high gain soldano to clear crispy AC30 ... everthing else is just nit picking :)

If possible i would do a kind of standing order to all guitar related products from kemper for the next
    20 years .... hopefully there will be a lot of ones!

Three cheers for the inventor!