Voodoo Labs Ground Control MIDI help

• Hello all, I would be very grateful if you could assist me with the set up of the GCP with the Kemper.

I have it set up with the for bottom switches to select rigs and the top 8 controlling stomp and effect blocks.

The problem is as follows:

1: I select a rig on the kemper and press [system].

2: I navigate to to the MIDI page and set the MIDI PrgChag# number to (for example 22).

3: When I hit {22} on the GCP nothing happens, when I search through on the GCP it has actually been set to 52. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

• when you get set your rig-midi # for the bottom switches I believe it starts 0, 1, 2...etc then when you bank up it continues in number. Is this where you are at or have you already set those? You do need to setup the GCP so it uses the configuration you noted (effects/rigs) but I assume you are past that point as you have noted that you set it up acccordingly. The rig portion is a matter of only setting up the Kemper rigs to correspond to the pedal bank. Try starting at 0 or 1 and if needed unplugging your GCP then plug it back in and check it.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• when you get set your rig-midi # for the bottom switches I believe it starts 0, 1, 2...etc then when you bank up it continues in number. Is this where you are at or have you already set those? You do need to setup the GCP so it uses the configuration you noted (effects/rigs) but I assume you are past that point as you have noted that you set it up acccordingly. The rig portion is a matter of only setting up the Kemper rigs to correspond to the pedal bank. Try starting at 0 or 1 and if needed unplugging your GCP then plug it back in and check it.

I have setup the Instant access buttons and these work fine.

My problem is when I assign a MIDI programme change on the kemper e.g patch 2, patch 2 on the GCP will not give me the patch I have assigned as 2 on the Kemper.

• Right I have worked it out, hopefully this is useful for others.

Note: This example assumes you are in 4 presets/bank with instant access mode.

For the sake of this example I will arbitrarily choose Kemper patch 31.

On KEMPER
    1: Press [SYSTEM] and go to the page that says Midi PrgChg#
    2: Assign the patch number you want the rig to be activated on when you press the corresponding GCP button - for example 25.
    3: Press the assign Button

On GCP (steps 4 - 8 only have to be done once!)

4: Press both {SETUP] buttons together
    5: Press button 2 - {DEVICE NAME/CHANNEL}
    6 Press button 0 {CURSOR >} until you get to 'STARTS AT'.
    7: Press either button 3 or 4 {DATA NO or YES} as required so that it reads 'STARTS AT 01'
    8: Press {EDIT} followed by button 4 {DATA YES} save

9: Select the patch 31 on the GCP using the bank buttons and button 9.
    10: Hold down the {EDIT} button
    11:

Press either button 3 or 4 {DATA NO or YES} as required so that it reads 31.

12: Press {EXIT}

13: Press

button 4 {DATA YES} to save

Hope this makes sense and helps someone out!

• Don't know why this forum insists on scrweing up my formatting - I will try one more time

Note: This example assumes you are in 4 presets/bank with instant access mode.

For the sake of this example I will arbitrarily choose Kemper patch 31.

On KEMPER
    1: Press [SYSTEM] and go to the page that says Midi PrgChg#
    2: Assign the patch number you want the rig to be activated on when you press the corresponding GCP button - for example 25.
    3: Press the assign Button

On GCP (steps 4 - 8 only have to be done once!)
    4: Press both {SETUP] buttons together
    5: Press button 2 - {DEVICE NAME/CHANNEL}
    6 Press button 0 {CURSOR >} until you get to 'STARTS AT'.
    7: Press either button 3 or 4 {DATA NO or YES} as required so that it reads 'STARTS AT 01'
    8: Press {EDIT} followed by button 4 {DATA YES} save

9: Select the patch 31 on the GCP using the bank buttons and button 9.
    10: Hold down the {EDIT} button
    11: Press either button 3 or 4 {DATA NO or YES} as required so that it reads 31.
    12: Press {EXIT}
    13: Press button 4 {DATA YES} to save

Hope this makes sense and helps someone out!

• Ok if your effects work then all communication is correct it might be the lower 4 assignment switches and numbering. Try to assign 4 rigs 1-4 and restart your GCP. I've messed up the number configuration before and had to go back and change it. The other rigs worked but there was one or two that did not. The assignment switches should be 1-4 with your setting for your Kemper 00 or 01 as the prefix. If you can, look at the rig assignment switches on the GCP and make sure they are in order/sequence. I will start mine up and look at the settings. Let me know what your current readings are on the GCP for those switches or if that was able to fix it.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Ok if your effects work then all communication is correct it might be the lower 4 assignment switches and numbering. Try to assign 4 rigs 1-4 and restart your GCP. I've messed up the number configuration before and had to go back and change it. The other rigs worked but there was one or two that did not. The assignment switches should be 1-4 with your setting for your Kemper 00 or 01 as the prefix. If you can, look at the rig assignment switches on the GCP and make sure they are in order/sequence. I will start mine up and look at the settings. Let me know what your current readings are on the GCP for those switches or if that was able to fix it.

Thanks for this, but as you will see in my previous message I have fixed the problem, thanks for your help anyway.