Future Software...

• I don´t get these requests.
    I consider myself very picky with guitar tones, but I cannot see enough situations to justify internal convolution technique or other ambient effects to be added to the KPA effects.
    For playing live I use reverb as an effect or it´s off.
    In the studio I´m after dry tones, with all options left to place them in the right room/space of the song.
    And for headphone playing I´m pretty happy with a dose of reverb already available in the KPA.

And I like to add that I´m happy about every dose of noise the KPA loses in the profiling process. There may be some folks who like buzzing, humming and hissing - I don´t know any, and I myself hate it ;)

just my 2 cents

8)

Its good that you feel the KPA is perfect, but I like distant mic'd sounds and tones with character and organic imperfections, and i also like to hear that as i play so i can react to it just as with the rest of the amp, its distortion etc, rather than recording a dry track only to play around with later, otherwise I'd not use a KPA at all.

Lots of folk have nice spaces and would like to incorporate the effect of those spaces into their profiles. I don't see that as unreasonable or a negative.

To my ears the KPA is not perfect and this is one way it's sound and accuracy could be improved, I understand though that it probably won't be so I just have to wait for the next innovator to come to market and continue recording both an ambient mic and the KPA signal to get closer to what I want.

• Its good that you feel the KPA is perfect, but I like distant mic'd sounds and tones with character and organic imperfections, and i also like to hear that as i play so i can react to it just as with the rest of the amp, its distortion etc, rather than recording a dry track only to play around with later, otherwise I'd not use a KPA at all.

Lots of folk have nice spaces and would like to incorporate the effect of those spaces into their profiles. I don't see that as unreasonable or a negative.

To my ears the KPA is not perfect and this is one way it's sound and accuracy could be improved, I understand though that it probably won't be so I just have to wait for the next innovator to come to market and continue recording both an ambient mic and the KPA signal to get closer to what I want.

Well, there's nothing to stop you from buying a dedicated convolution product now. You can run convolution real time on either the Sony DRE-S777 or the Yamaha SREV1. Considering both are over a decade old, might be pretty affordable now. The MUSE Receptor can probably run real time convolution as well. Though you will still find many who prefer Lexicon, Eventide, and algorithmic reverbs to convolution processing to this date. This kind of goes towards what a user's end goal is with a unit like the KPA. For some it is a complete simulation of an environment and others its part of a bigger picture (ie a mix, or sitting with a performance context). For the former, capturing room sound would be beneficial while it would be detrimental to the later.