S/PDIF discussion...

• So, I understand that if you use spdif out to your interface to your daw, the signal undergoes no conversion, besides the original A->D conversion from Guitar -> Kemper. Here's my signal chain...

Guitar -> Kemper -> SPDIF Out -> SPDIF In (m-audio fast track pro) -> USB -> Logic.

Soo... what I am looking for is confirmation that it doesnt matter how crappy my interface is, the signal is UNTOUCHED by the time it gets to logic, effectively creating a PERFECT recording from my kemper. I dont see how this "cant" be true, but i'm sure there are some naysayers here....

Oh, and did I mention I am using a cheap, crappy thin little RCA cable as the SPDIF cable? Since its all 1's and 0's and probably all has checksums. NONE of this should matter.

Lets hear the naysayers!

• If your interface is really crappy you could have monitoring, latency and sync problems....all of that not depending on the Kemper. In most cases you should be able to find the right sample size/number to get it to work.

Edit: on the spdif/usb question: this is exactly what the interface does...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff