Red master light, clipping?

• I take it when the light above master turns red, this means my sound is clipping.... Im pretty sure it is because I am getting a distorted recording and sound from the monitor on a very clean rig with no gain. Why is it clipping? Do I need to adjust the "sense" things?

• The output light turning red is clipping. If the input light is also turning red then you can turn down the clean sense until the input is no longer turning red.

If you are green on input, but clipping on output then you can turn down the volume of the rig, or add an eq in the X slot and leave it flat but reduce the volume until the clipping goes away. I've heard people also turn the volume down on the cabinet as well. The post EQ trick will probably be the least tone affecting.

-Lonnie

• Yea, I get that... the volume is causing clipping, however, I am also saying that master volume does nothing.... Shouldnt it be making my recording volume (spdif) and monitor volume louder? I can see it adjusting on the screen when I turn the knob, but loudness does not increase.

• If you're getting output clipping, the issue is within the rig and typically one of the following: clean sense too high (on clean rig), speaker volume too high, profile volume too high, or post effect (such as a boost EQ common in Amp Factory profiles) volume too high.