Future paid upgrades?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

I feel like there is a lot of worry about future paid upgrades coming to the Kemper ecosystem.

Given what I have seen from Kemper before it feels highly unlikely and it would (at least) not align with the communication from Kemper who were very upfront about the player's capabilities and potential paid upgrades down the line.

I think it would be hugely reassuring to a lot of people if Kemper the company could chime in with current plans.

I am not asking for a "never any paid upgrades" but giving some perspective might help with settling some of the worry from people in and around the ecosystem.

P.S. I actually came back to the Kemper ecosystem with the Player upgrades since it unlocked a lot of options for me.

• This isn't directed at anyone specific. I have no idea what people are "worried" about.

The upgrades unlock functionality that was there, in the unit, from the start. Literally coded into every Player that exists. The upgrade code unlocks *nothing* that didn't exist elsewhere previously. All the upgrades do is bring feature parity with the larger units.

People are wrongfully equating free updates with these paid upgrades. Their delivery mechanisms are about as different as one can get. Unlock pre-existing code (with zero download) vs. downloaded updates that have been free of charge for 13 years.

If Kemper is smart they'll say nothing......because they *already said* updates will continue to be free. In the face of that, nothing Kemper could say will shut people up.