Configuring volume wah is ridiculous

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Dear Kemper,
    It's ridiculous how much time I've spent trying to get my headrush pedal to work as volume/wah, as in when i hit the toe switch it changes to wah.
    Frankly, the manual is awful, and it's written by a bunch of guys who know this thiing inside and out but with no perspective on how to explain things to those of us that don't. It took me 30 seconds to set this pedal up in the Tonemaster Pro.
    I'm an hour in, googling, doing what I think i'm supposed to do, and the best I got is turning the wah on and off with the toe switch but it's not acting as a wah. Given how many people I've seen complain about this, i'm going to suggest you do a very explicit instruction for those of us with these types of expression pedals. And going forward, your videos would be a lot better if you actually explained things.

• Have you tried the tutorial videos?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can't say I found it even vaguely complicated to set up. I suspect that what you are experiencing is that the Pedal Mode in the Wah Block is set to Off. It needs to be set to On. This isn't in the Pedal menu but the actual effect itself. The reason for this is simply to allow the same effect to be configured differently from rig to rig. For example the same wah effect could be loaded in three different rigs with one set to On (functioning as a regular wah), the next might be set to Off (it would function as a cocked wah based on the current settings) and a third rig could be set to Touch (making it an autowah).

It's pretty logical really.

• It should take about a minute to set up. My exp pedals are connected via midi - but it should work the same way .

In the kemper settings on your head/rack/stage set your expression pedal to be a Volume and a Wah in the settings page (checkbox top left in the image below)

Set your toe switch to turn toggle the Wah on / off. Make sure your exp pedal is plugged in with a TRS / stereo cable - and is set to be a wah (image below). You may need to try Mode 'Pedal Type 1 or 2' which is to do with the polarity of the expression pedal. This is all in the main settings. (Whatsthedug's post is also importasant about getting the right setting in the wah block setting page 2)

When the wah is on - its a wah pedal. When its off - its a volume pedal.

The manual is a bit chunky at 160+ pages, but its not bad.

Edited once, last by ajbsmirnoff (October 4, 2024 at 11:21 PM).

• I am having a Wah related problem as well. In my Kemper Profiler Player in Rig 1, 2 und 5 i have a Wah in the 1st Slot. In Rig 3 and 4 i don't use a Wah in any of the slots. I would like to make use of a Wah in those the rigs which do use a Wah and a Volume in those which do not have a Wah. In global setting if i choose Wah-Volume everything works as expected. I set my Expression Pedal (Dunlop DVP5 Volume(X) 8 to Wah Off in Heel position. Wah is working fine in those Rigs that have the Wah. Those Rigs that do not use a Wah work well with my Expression Pedal functioning as Volume. The problem is if i switch from a Volume Rig leaving the Pedal in Heel Position (no sound) and switch to a Wah Rig, the Pedal remembers the volume state (Off) from the Volume rig and does not activate the Wah Pedal. In fact there is no Volume at all. I will have to go back to the Volume Rig, set the Pedal to Toe Position and then go back to the Wah rig in order for the Wah Pedal to work as intended. Maybe it's a setting which i did not see. Your help would be much appreciated .