Issue upgrading player to level III

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hey,

I already reached out to support but figured maybe someone else has an idea.

I purchased the level 2 and 3 upgrade for my player, updated to the beta firmware and started the upgrade.

Sadly it is failing with

A communication issue has occurred

The USB connection in between your PROFILER and your computer is not stable. This might result is damaged or lost data. Please contact KEMPER support here

After a restart (of the player) I first got Upgrade failed (Error 2) and then the previous message again.

The update before worked just fine.

I tried 2 macbooks and a Mac mini, with a usb hub in the middle, with an usb c -> a adapter and directly, multiple cables each.

Did anyone else have this issue or maybe got ideas on what to try/how to solve this?

• I suggest that you leave out the USB hub and connect the Profiler directly to your computer using a USB-C to USB-B cable.

If the computer only offers USB-A ports you need to use a USB-A to USB-B cable.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I tried with hub (then usb a - usb b cable) with an adapter (again usb a - usb b cable) and usb c - usb b cable directly (multiple) and it doesn't work for either

• Exactly the same problem for me.Also tried factory reset, different usb ports.on different laptops running win 11,win 10 64 bit, different usb b cables.,did the RM/os updates.tried reconnecting,RM restart,still nothing.

Purchased the level ii & iii bundle.

Direct connection to laptop,no hubs,only the player connected.

Anyone found a solution on this?

Many thanks

• Do you have Midi connected to KPP? For me, the update stopped at some point and contiuned only after i had removed the midi from the usb port.