Rotary Speed variable controlm

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

This request would affect all units not just Head/Rack

I know the team have been incredibly busy working hard on getting the OS11 and Player upgrades etc working; and will probably still be run off their feet for some time to come ironing out all the little bugs and stuff to make it perfect. Thank you all for everything you’ve done and continue to do . You guys rock🤘

This little request is probably very low priority at the moment but bear with me as I believe.I think the launch of the Player with its limited footswitch options compared to the bigger brothers makes this request more appealing than ever now.

While I am aware that the Rotary effect currently has fixed Fast and Slow speeds. These can be toggled by assigning the Fast/Slow function to an external switch or one of the effect footswitches i-iiii on the big units, but it can’t be morphed. I am well aware of ckemper’s arguments for retaining fixed Fast/Slow speeds in order to replicate the real speed and ramp times of a traditional Leslie cabinet. Regardless of the validity of this stance, it does have the side effect of making it impossible to assign Fast/Slow to the Morph function.

Morph can only control continuously variable parameters. Therefore, why not make the rotary speed a continuously variable parameter? This could then be morphed between minimum (slow) and maximum (fast) speeds. Users could obviously use an expression pedal for live on the fly adjustments or just use the second press morph option with rise and fall times that match a Leslie cabinet.

This would be a welcome improvement for the Remote and Stage but would be a massive improvement for the Player given the restriced onboard switches and single external switch connection.

• I look at it this way - with the Rotary effect having only two fixed speeds, slow or fast, at least there’s no chance of the selected speed changing even though you don’t want it to when you press the Tap Tempo footswitch to change a delay time! Just trying to see the bright side 🤣

But seriously, I don’t see why a digitally modelled version has to be restricted to only providing what the real thing does. Our profiled amps can be tweaked in the Kemper to do all kinds of things that aren’t possible with the real amp - like assigning the tone stack of an AC30 to a Plexi. The Kemper is all the more powerful and useful because of these possibilities.

The Kemper could have a “fast” and “slow” version Rotary effect for those who want a model of the real thing, and a second version with continuously variable speed.

However, even just a quick glance through the feature requests forum makes clear there are loads of ideas that people have, things about the Kemper they’d like changed. Kemper have my sympathies in that it would be simply impossible to cater for everyone’s preferences. I suppose the value of the feature requests forum is that it enables Kemper to gauge the strength of feeling regarding particular aspects for possible future development. If lots of people want something, it might happen.

• I look at it this way - with the Rotary effect having only two fixed speeds, slow or fast, at least there’s no chance of the selected speed changing even though you don’t want it to when you press the Tap Tempo footswitch to change a delay time! Just trying to see the bright side 🤣

Every cloud has a silver lining :D

However, even just a quick glance through the feature requests forum makes clear there are loads of ideas that people have, things about the Kemper they’d like changed. Kemper have my sympathies in that it would be simply impossible to cater for everyone’s preferences.

They don't need to cater to everyone's requests. Just mine would be sufficient 8o