Opened the Kemper Crypt - 9 year old NOS Remote still sealed

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello fellow profilers,

I've played hundreds of gigs with my KPA toaster, and I ordered a new Remote when they came out in 2015. By the time the remote arrived, my band had broken up, I had started grad school, and there was no time to start another band. I haven't gigged since. The remote remained sealed in its box, never seeing the light of day for nine years.

Life and work have calmed down a bit, so now I am putting a band together. I updated my Kemper firmware, which required help from Kemper Support, because it was still on 6.0.0 (Support was great!). I uploaded some new profiles and also purchased the Top Jimi 2.0 Brown Sound, which sounds great. Thinking about my rig for future gigs, I decided it was time, finally, to open the dusty box containing the Remote. I had images of bugs or small rodents making a home inside the box and chewing on the buttons, but none of that happened. It was pristine inside, but I was still worried it might not work after all this time.

Well, I connected the remote to the toaster, fired it up, and it works like a charm! Perfect functionality, and it's the ideal footswitch for the KPA. I'm updating the performances now, but I am still using mostly profiles I made of my own amps. Some of the profiles are more than 10 years old!

Here she is right after I opened the crypt, as well as after I connected the (practically vintage) NOS footswitch:

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.