How to properly connect an AXE FX 3 into the Kemper via 4CM

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I have seen other posts online and outside of this forum talking about connecting an external FX device to the Kemper via 4CM. Right now I own a Kemper Toaster and an AXE FX 3. I love the amp tones in the Kemper more than I do in the AXE FX 3 as I find the Kemper has a more organic and open tone to many of the amp tones that I utilize currently.

What I would like to do in order to get more effects available and other tonal options, I would like to connect the Fractal AXE 3 into the Kemper via the 4CM. My objective is to utilize the AXE 3 for both pre and post effects like you would normally do in a 4CM scenario. I know this is completely overkill but it is something that I would like to pull off seeing that I love the effects in both the Kemper and AXE 3 but would like more effects readily available by using this method as I also have the FC12 floorboard with the AXE 3.

I have connected my AXE 3 to real tube heads in the past so I completely understand the physical cable routing and setting up the grid on the AXE 3 in order to do this. I have also in the past set up the Kemper in 4CM with real tube heads.

I just need to know the actual physical cable routing to pull this off and where do I put the effects loop (I believe Stereo) button at in the effects chain? Do I just need the stereo effects loop say in the X effects position or do I also need a loop designation in the stomps area pre the amp block.

Thank you in advance if you can help me out with the cable routing and the effects loop grid designations.

Robert

• Got it. Did what Wheresthedug suggested and it works perfectly. Now I get a ton more pre and post effects, a way longer looper and the ability to even use the Fractals amp and cabinet sims by turning off the Kemper Amp/Cab blocks. Allows me to use my Fractal FC12 longboard and now I have 12 open slots for pre and post effects in conjunction with the effects in the Kemper.

It is also nice for Kemper patches that I don't have the effects loop assigned in that the Fractal will still provide me with all the pre effects I want and the wahs built in the Fractal.

Best of both worlds.