• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

i am very confused as to why there is no option to have everything automatically leveled, volume wise.

Having to manually enter everything before the show would almost be ok, if one wasnt playing different rooms every night! essentially, if i were to take this on tour (all my tours are DIY bc im a small artist) i would have to make a new group every night almost!
    and its even more of a pain when i have multiple songs with many rig changes (chorus clean verse, huge distortion chorus, delay bridge etc)!
    its wild that there isnt an option for a master level limiter to be applied across all audio output signals. doing stuff on the fly DOS is hard.

• Using a limiter can adversely affect dynamic range. I imagine a simple sound check would take care of setting proper levels. In a studio, limiters are used very sparingly unless it's death metal.

But hey, if Kemper wants to add one then that's fine with me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Basically it isn't easy to level "perceived volume" automatically as it depends on many factors including frequency response and amount of distortion (which is a form of compression). Perceived volume is also affected by the levels and frequency range of the other instruments playing. It is much better to level volume manually during rehearsals or soundchecks and create simple Performances with the Rigs required. Once you have saved your Rigs in one or more Performances with their levels set to taste you shouldn't really need to touch them much from then on.

As Larry said, limiting has lots of negative consequences so it wouldn't be a suitable solution. The Kemper already has a volume levelling function built in so that turning the gain up or down doesn't change the perceived loudness of a rig. For this to work effectively you need to make sure you have set Clean Sense to suit you guitar(s). I run clean sense at -6db all the time to stop clean rigs being overpowering compared to dirty rigs. But that is a set and forget (lock the input menu) thing for me. Some others set clean sense on a rig by rig basis.