Third party guitar cab w/Kone or 2x12"?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I have the Kemper Kab, and it sounds great, but a little weak on the bottom end. I think that the "bass boost" feature overdoes it (that should be a dial-in feature in the next update!). So, I bought a neo Kone and a Mojotone regular-sized 1x12 cab and tried it with the back open. Sounded HUGE, but some patches get muddy. So, I closed up the back, and it's marginally better than the Kemper Kab.

Anyone else tried all of this and have any tips? I am considering a 2x12" cab with two Kones (as if I have nothing better to do!).

• Couple of minor comments:

1) I don't have too much issue with bottom end from my kabinet, so you sure its not the profile itself? Also I don;t look for too much else it gets lost in the mix

2) I had 2 kabinets and found no difference in sound so not sure 2 kones will help, it probably will be more linked to the cabinet itself

Just out of interest, why is this such an issue?I use mine purely for on stage and in fact Im using it less and less - I gigged on Friday and didn;t use it at all ( relied on monitors). My on stage sound is becoming less important to me and its the FOH that counts.

• I'm running a Port City 1x12OS together with a mojotone open back 1x12 on top. All the thump you can ask for with the ported cab plus some great room reflections with the Mojotone. I played a Boogie halfback for almost 30 years so playing through both open and closed is my kink

• I use it as an "amp" onstage at smaller venues where running FOH is unnecessary.

Totally disagree...I never play off the back line regardless of venue size because its about balance not volume.

First you have to overcome the drums, which dictates a certain volume, so you have to have a reasonable back line volume, which then means you turn up.

If the stage is small the sound will blast past your legs and deafen people in the front row and anyone further back will just hear cymbals and bass...

• Totally disagree...I never play off the back line regardless of venue size because its about balance not volume.

First you have to overcome the drums, which dictates a certain volume, so you have to have a reasonable back line volume, which then means you turn up.

If the stage is small the sound will blast past your legs and deafen people in the front row and anyone further back will just hear cymbals and bass...

That's if you play your cab on the floor. I put mine on a chair or stand. And, with small gigs where there's no soundman, playing FOH is not practical. In small pubs, there's no "front row." LOL!

• That's if you play your cab on the floor. I put mine on a chair or stand. And, with small gigs where there's no soundman, playing FOH is not practical. In small pubs, there's no "front row." LOL!

I understand what you are saying but you are missing my point...the sound is still totally directional and compromised.

For any gig you need a PA. If the PA is that crap you can;t run Kick and snare as well as guitars ( bass is less of an issue as it carries way better) then you are going to sound crap anyway. Most PA's today are well enough equipped to handle multiple instruments well.

I have played many many gigs with no sound man and once the sound is set up, its pretty stable, especially if you have your relative sounds sorted ( cleans vs rhythm vs solo).

Most of my gigs I play are small pubs. Our PA is relatively simple and yet we put 2 guitars ( one is a Helix with no backline), bass and full drumkit, along with all vocals through it. Once set, you only have to make minor changes as the outputs are constant - one of the big advantages because you are not messing with volumes and mic placement.

You also miss about 80% of the benefit of the Kemper live IMO.

• I understand what you are saying but you are missing my point...the sound is still totally directional and compromised.

For any gig you need a PA. If the PA is that crap you can;t run Kick and snare as well as guitars ( bass is less of an issue as it carries way better) then you are going to sound crap anyway. Most PA's today are well enough equipped to handle multiple instruments well.

I have played many many gigs with no sound man and once the sound is set up, its pretty stable, especially if you have your relative sounds sorted ( cleans vs rhythm vs solo).

Most of my gigs I play are small pubs. Our PA is relatively simple and yet we put 2 guitars ( one is a Helix with no backline), bass and full drumkit, along with all vocals through it. Once set, you only have to make minor changes as the outputs are constant - one of the big advantages because you are not messing with volumes and mic placement.

You also miss about 80% of the benefit of the Kemper live IMO.

Just out of curiosity what PA do use to handle a full mix , i believe this might well be my 1st post :).

• Just out of curiosity what PA do use to handle a full mix , i believe this might well be my 1st post :).

Yey...welcome!

In the past used a variety, mainly passive desk and active speakers. Currently using a bose tower system with a sub and recently moved from an analogue desk to a behringher air x18...I think....its all owned by the singer.

I have 2 altos ( TS312's) and a basic mixing desk which Ive also used for the band successfully ( better than pure backline).