Profiling Test on a Marshall 5100 [Combo100 Watt Mosfet]

• I've bought a new Amp recently and it came into my mind to test different ways of profiling.
    The test is basically Just For Me, to finally define what method works better for me to realize my profiles.

If You want to Test them by yourself, You'll find 8 profiles on Rig Exchange and also here (plus 2 performances).

I've profiled it in 4 different ways and I'm curious to check HOW different they came out.
    I've refined every profile in the same way, with a giutar DI track via SPIDF.

1) Studio Profiles (amp, 4x12, SM57, Kemper)
    2) Virtual-Studio Profiles (amp, Torpedo 16, Audio Interface, Wall of Sound as Cabinet Plug-in, Kemper)
    3) DA Profiles (the same as above But Without Wall of Sound as Cabinet Plug-in)
    4) DA Profiles (the same as above But with the real 4x12 Connected to the Thru Out put fo Torpedo 16)

So 4 differnt profiles for a clean sound and 4 for dirty (the amp itself is a 2 channel)

I've put info and fullfilled every Rig's comment fields to keep record of how that Rig has been created, then I've created a Copy of each profile and deleted Everything, renaming them from A to H, Randomly.
    This is What You'll get. 4 Profiles With a CAB (studio) and 4 Without CAB (DA).
    I'll add one of my fav CAB to the DA Profiles (without merging) and test them all.

Now I'm going to check what ''Couple'' of Dirty and Clean profiles sounds better for me.

Yes I'll also Upload the ''Solutions'' in a couple of weeks or so.
    In the meantime, if You want You can give them a try and let me know Your thoughts.

Ciao!

..oh, Yes! a 10 minutes video here in English-ish

• Pretty cool ! You didn't pull the trigger on the expensive magnatone 8o

Looking forward trying these, I'm struggling to profile a killer NAM JCM800 that you would love , as it's pretty close to my dream JCM tone , but I failed.

Looking forward that great combo , will give a try asap , but I've been disappointed by most KPA profiles I tried recently, as I get much better tones on NAM

I like your approach, trying these options is really great.

• Hey Renaud! ..well, do not expect the Greatest profile Ever of the this '' lil moster''

it's just a Test made to Be tested.

I setted the amp in a ''Normal'' way, just like I'd probably play it in a live gig.

They're Not the profiles I'd probably use. The goal is to find out differences (of the same amp' settings) of different signal chain.

here, I'm more intrested in this than ''how Close to the real amp sound'' they are. This Must be Clear before any judgment!

• sorry sorry.. one more thing

I also give You a Quck Idea of How this ''lil mosnter'' sonds in a room on my phone

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.