Newbie | Managing Amplifier Profiles

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi

Just got my Kemper Toaster Head so please excuse the newbie question!

I'm experimenting with building rigs from scratch.

I have a 'clean slate' (no stomps or effects).

I'd like to just cycle through all of the amp profiles.

The challenge is I can only choose from 'Presets' and 'From Rigs' and seem to have a limited number of options.

Is there a way to store all of the Amp profiles you have in a central place on the kemper head so that you can browse them one by one when building rigs from scratch - without taking them from existing rigs?

What does the 'presets' option refer to?

TY so much!

• Hello PNKSTR24.

Let me try to answer with some ideas. First, PRESETS are any component making up a rig. Any amp, cab effect, input setting, output setting, etc. can be a Preset. Such as all of the things you see when adding or changing stomps or effects on your Profiler. So, you could think of a Rig as a combination of various presets. I hope that helps.

If the goal is to review the AMPS or AMPS plus the CAB for the rigs currently on your Profiler, you could lock each of the Stomp and Effect slots (A-D, X, Mod, Delay and Reverb) while they are all OFF. Then as you open various rigs only the unlocked AMP or AMP and CAB would change. Then you could add any stomp or effect settings that you like. When you create something you like, save it under a new Rig name. But remember to UNLOCK slots, otherwise anything still locked will remain as you change Rigs.

But the set of rigs on your Profiler only represent a pretty small set of what is available to you. If you can use the Rig Manager program, you would have an easier way to try things out, make changes and organize your own rigs and presets. For example, there are currently over 20,000 rigs on the Rig Exchange, and there are over 1500 in the free Rig Packs.

In the Rig Manager, there are sections for everything already on the Profiler, but also "Local Library" sections where you can store anything you like. Such as customized Rigs that you may have edited. Your own favorite Cabs/Stomps/Effects, etc. that you can then add to any rig that you want. You can add folders with names you find useful under the Local Library sections to keep things organized.

Obviously, you'll have many things to learn, but I hope this helps get you started.