After boot presets to not initially match Category and Type

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hey everyone,

I just found the time to document a inconvenience that exists for a very long time now. Maybe a few of you experienced it yourself.

Description:

Once after booting the device when trying to browse through stomp presets using the Browse knob, the preset list is created automatically. So far so fine, but initially the preset (most left column) doesn't match the category and type. So using the Browse knob (which switches the presets) leads to Category and Type jump to the beginning of the list.

Steps to reproduce:

• boot device
    • long press on stomp to see effect parameters
    • turn Browse knob once to enter preset selector
    • (list of presets is automatically created)
    • turn Browse knob once more to actually browse presets

Observed behavior:

Since the preset column doesn't match Category and Type initially its focus jump to the beginning of the list.

Expected behavior:

The actually loaded preset is already in focus and using the browse knob doesn't lead to unexpected jumps through the list.

• Yes it's known and reported for years. My workaround is to turn the Type knob back and forth first. When I remember to.

A fix would be nice Burkhard. Experience this bug every day.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM