Lady distress panic vote

• Hi all , this is a funky one , summer vibe but angry feel as the political climate here is disgusting

Anyway here is the acoustic sim in action , pedal pitch leads, and as always Mat's bass , all that on my humble strat

Mix was not easy with tons of arturia synths & all stuff happening all along.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been getting more into keyboards these days so I know what you mean about balancing with all the synths. A good song and the balance was very smooth in my environment. I particularly like how you locked the thump of the bass with the kick drum.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• . A good song and the balance was very smooth in my environment. I particularly like how you locked the thump of the bass with the kick drum.

Thx Chris, no particular attention on the kick , from me, I just had to change the snare tone and play the bass groove over the drums as I always do. But the bass was EQed with reaEQ to take it's own position in the mix.

The mix also had to be aerated and glued with some tape sim & a group verb , to give a little more of a live feel.

• Hi all , this is a funky one , summer vibe but angry feel as the political climate here is disgusting

Anyway here is the acoustic sim in action , pedal pitch leads, and as always Mat's bass , all that on my humble strat

Mix was not easy with tons of arturia synths & all stuff happening all along.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very funky, waraba !

I love that bass synth sound in there. Synths I always find a bit easier to mix than guitar but that could be because my mindset changes when I work with them, it becomes about filling up the sound/texture more than finding a melody line. So I guess I autoarrange them because I look for a specific sound to use that I know will occupy that space and don't spend time carving a sound to fit frequency-wise.

• love that bass synth sound in there. Synths I always find a bit easier to mix than guitar but that could be because my mindset changes when I work with them, it becomes about filling up the sound/texture more than finding a melody line. So I guess I autoarrange them because I look for a specific sound to use that I know will occupy that space and don't spend time carving a sound to fit frequency-wise.

Thx Per, the synth bass is actually Mat's ring mod bass played on my strat , I had to tame it via EQ as it was to prominent on that clean track. I often find actual synths to be easy to mix , they often cut the mix with ease, but they can eat a whole range of frequencies.

• Sounds slippery good Renaud! Maybe just roll off some of the highs on guitar and the snare.

Thx Larry, my old ears have a clear cut after 8KHhz , I have to watch out for these and that's maybe why I love clear & clean trebly tones more & more ;)

• Thx Larry, my old ears have a clear cut after 8KHhz , I have to watch out for these and that's maybe why I love clear & clean trebly tones more & more ;)

If you've ever listened to the Aerosmith CD "Pump," it's a great example of this. The highs are so intense they could slice bread.

I've often wondered if it was a mix / mastering engineer who didn't realize his hearing was diminished, or an intentional boost in that frequency range because they figured their audience was a bunch of old guys.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Renaud, you always has me amazed at how you use my Ring Mod Bass. I do think you use it way more than I do

I guess you're right, as I now use it on half of my tracks vs the jazzbass , I really dig it , it's not really a bass , it's not really a dist guitar , not a synth , but a fantastic tool for inspiration indeed and vey easy to mix & balance.