New power rack user from Rhode Island

• Hello everyone I’m new here and excited to join this community. I’m from Rhode Island and for the past few years I’ve been teaching guitar. I used to play in cover bands for about 25 years but once 2020 came and I wasn’t gigging anymore I kind of liked it. So far I’ve owned a digitech 2101 , helix , and axe fx fm3. This is my first experience with kemper. I bought the rack used and it came in the other day. It came with the remote an expression pedal and a Dunlop volume pedal in a stagg pedal board case.

I registered the unit and updated it , so now I guess it’s time to figure this out. Any suggestions on where to start with the kemper?

I’ll be using either a Marshall 1x12 a victory 1x12 or a 4x12 cab with the kemper. I actually bought a custom case in white tolex to match the victory cab I have . So more than likely that will be the one I use the most.
    Anyway great to be here. Looking forward to talking with everyone here.

• Big Daddy Dynamite July 6, 2024 at 9:57 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “New power rack user on Rhode Island” to “New power rack user from Rhode Island”.
  • Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

No specific suggestions but take your time to explore it go step by step. Don't try everything at once. It is potentially a pretty overwhelming piece of gear but has so many little details that might be confusing at first glance but later turn out to be so well thought out concepts.

In case of questions take the (full) manual as a great reference and after that come here and ask... incredibly nice people in that community here! :)

• This is the first thing I wish I knew when starting:

jdm
    March 14, 2017 at 3:12 AM

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM