Transpose Artifacts

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I have not used the transpose function for a while. When I engage it I continue to hear an "artifact" of the tonic note. It is not vibration or the string. It is clearly in the headphones and of course with a 1/2 step detune sounds horrible. I see this has been discussed already, but I can not find a solution. The "turn it up until you can't hear it" does not sound like the correct solution. Any other experiences with this?

• I have had this many times myself and have heard the same story from many others. It is quite common for some part of the headphone cable to touch the body of the guitar (or even the strap sometimes) and the vibration travels up the cable and becomes audible in the headphones. Its the same principle as the telephones we used to kake with two paper cups and a piece of string when kids.

• I have described it here: Kemper Transpose vs Digitech the Drop problem

There was no solution so far. I just keep using the Drop pedal.

I have not used the transpose function for a while. When I engage it I continue to hear an "artifact" of the tonic note. It is not vibration or the string. It is clearly in the headphones and of course with a 1/2 step detune sounds horrible. I see this has been discussed already, but I can not find a solution. The "turn it up until you can't hear it" does not sound like the correct solution. Any other experiences with this?

• I have described it here: Kemper Transpose vs Digitech the Drop problem

There was no solution so far. I just keep using the Drop pedal.

OP's problem is specifically not heard in the actual recording. So it's most likely an acoustic problem of sorts as a few people have already described.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM