Liquid Profiles on older Profilers

• An old device in working order does the job perfectly. All head and rack-units sold are functionally identical. Except from possibly the use of different but equivalent components in production over the years there have been no changes to the design.

• An old device in working order does the job perfectly. All head and rack-units sold are functionally identical. Except from possibly the use of different but equivalent components in production over the years there have been no changes to the design.

I don’t think that’s 100% accurate. If I remember correctly the older units had an upgrade around 2020 (ish) to make them the same as the stage for SPDIF. Prior to the update they had to be set as the master for SPDIF clocking but after the update the Head and Rack were able t0 run as slaves. There might have been a few other minor changes in that upgrade but nothing that affects the sound.

• If I remember correctly the older units had an upgrade around 2020 (ish) to make them the same as the stage for SPDIF. Prior to the update they had to be set as the master for SPDIF clocking but after the update the Head and Rack were able t0 run as slaves. There might have been a few other minor changes in that upgrade but nothing that affects the sound.

True. Forgot about that one. SPDIF improvement should be the only real change.

• Burkhard July 9, 2024 at 10:12 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Liquid profiles on plder Profilers” to “Liquid Profiles on older Profilers”.