Kemper stage with Voodoo Labs pedal switcher

• Got a response back from Voodoo lab. Not sure it’s possible.

In order to control Pedal Switcher with a third party MIDI controller (Kemper), you would first need to send the Pedal Switcher the following (hexadecimal) SysEx* string:

F0 00 00 07 01 08 10 F7

Once, this SysEx message is received, Pedal Switcher loops 1 - 4 will respond to Control Change messages 80-83 on MIDI channel 16. And, Pedal Switcher #2 loops 1 - 4 will respond to Control Change messages 84-87 (also on MIDI channel 16).

*Note: The SysEx message need only be sent once (each time Pedal Switcher is powered on).

• I asked if I could incorporate the commander midi controller and got this answer. So it would work, just more pieces to carry around.

Also yes, it should be possible with Commander in the middle, setup:

Kemper MIDI OUT => MIDI IN Commander

Commander MIDI OUT => MIDI IN Pedal Switcher 1

Pedal Switcher 1 MIDI OUT => MIDI IN Pedal Switcher 2

You'll want to use MIDI channel 1 and send MIDI Program Change (PC) messages 1-10 from the Kemper to recall Commander presets 1-10 respectively (and the Commander will then of course recall presets on the Pedal Switchers).

• I tried the above setup, doesn't seem to work. I was curious if the Kemper was actually sending out midi so I hooked it up to my interface on my computer and used that midi view program again. I can confirm that the Kemper is sending out midi program changes, mind you when it's set to program change 80 it's actually sending on 79. Not sure if this is normal or the program I'm using is not accurate. Either way, don't think it's going to work so I'll be looking into getting a Voodoo Lab hex or a Morningstar ML5 at some point.

Thanks for the assistance Ruefus

• NP. It’s annoying that MIDI in/out for Voodoo Lab means “…only if you use our stuff.”

There is something called midi offset. Some systems go 0-127, others 1-128.

I forget if the Profiler can adjust for that, but NBD.

• Bringing this thread back! lol

So, I finally got myself a voodoo lab hex. I’m able to program loop changes using midi but it seems to only retain 1 setting. Example: slot 1 I set loop 2 on. I held both #1 & #6, lights flashed and I was able to recall that when I selected slot 1. I tried to program a different combination with slot 2. Selected 3 & 4 and held down #1 & #6 again, lights flashed so I thought it was good. I can select either slot 1 or 2 and it selects the correct loops but all the other slots retain the last setting I programmed. I know I’m doing something wrong just not sure what.