• I keep talking about a thump effect I made that just adds some distorted 150 Hz signal to your sound to create that cabinet resonance and speaker compression sound.

I threw together a VST3 and posted it on GitHub for those brave souls who want to try it out.

GitHub - RosboneMako/MakoThump: A Juce VST3 example program with Thump effect for guitar.
    A Juce VST3 example program with Thump effect for guitar. - RosboneMako/MakoThump
    github.com

This VST works great after a Kemper, Helix, NAM, etc.

I also added 11 different 5-band EQs and a low pass filter to further tweak the final sound.

The JUCE source code, image, and VST3 file are in the ZIP file:

MakoThump/MakoThump100.zip at main · RosboneMako/MakoThump
    A Juce VST3 example program with Thump effect for guitar. - RosboneMako/MakoThump
    github.com

NOTE: On GitHub there will be a small download button that says "Download Raw File" when you hover over it.

To just use it, copy the VST3 to a VST folder on your PC.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 seems to be a normal place for example.

I do not have an Apple PC and can only test on Windows. No idea what happens on Apple.

If anyone is brave enough to try it, let me know what you think.

Kemper please add this simple effect!

Only took a few hours to make the whole thing.

Tested it with NAM and an OverDrive VST I made in front of NAM to push it.

• MAKO THUMP has been updated.

- Found a bug where settings were not being set when the VST was started.

MAKO DISTORTY

I also added a distortion pedal example VST3.

Will not be of much use with a Kemper, but may be useful to drive other VSTs. And a starting point for your own crazy pedal.

I have been testing it in front of NAM mostly for the High Pass (Mud) filter since NAM does not have "definition" like the Kemper.

Source code and VST are included in the ZIP file.

GitHub - RosboneMako/MakoDistorty: VST3 Guitar Distortion Pedal
    VST3 Guitar Distortion Pedal. Contribute to RosboneMako/MakoDistorty development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

For a quick look at what the code is doing, click on PluginProcessor.cpp and search for MakoBiteAudioProcessor::MakoEffect_ProcessAudio.

MakoDistorty/PluginProcessor.cpp at main · RosboneMako/MakoDistorty
    VST3 Guitar Distortion Pedal. Contribute to RosboneMako/MakoDistorty development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • I have been busy writing a bunch of little VSTs and posting the sample JUCE code on Github for anyone who wants to get nutty with some bad code.

It usually takes maybe a few hours to get the meat of it done. Then I mess around with graphics for a bit. So every 48 hours a new VST could come out :P

For additions to the Kemper universe Thump, Synth, and IR are about the only useful things. But I wanted to let people have access to everything in code so THEY CAN write some Kemper specific stuff for us. Happy Coding!

Oh and remember, I am not that smart and I made all this stuff. You could do much better than me.

RosboneMako - Repositories
    RosboneMako has 9 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.
    github.com

Mako Chorus

Mako Rusty Low Gain Amp

Mako Stacked Mid Gain Amp

Mako Smack Talk envelope filter and synth effect

Mako OverDrive

Mako MonoTone mono guitar synth

Mako Stereo Dual IR

Mako MeatHead High Gain Amp Sim

Edited once, last by RosboneMako (June 28, 2024 at 1:09 AM).