Lazy Jazzbox - chill-hop

• I've been busy building an 8 track chillhop EP for unity's asset store, my new desk proved to be super efficient in this way , it took only a week after work ( Per mode ;)

here is a sample track , it's all about tone design & mix , rules are simples : 4 lines max at a time , simple & repetitive harmony , tons of post prod to get that lofi vibe , short tracks ( lesss than 3:30 )

for me it's like writing haïkus , simple but effective and the aim is to give young generations a hint of what they miss from the past, vs the crap they are given with maintream music.

Jazzbox on KPA
    Ujam double bass
    CS80 strings
    Arturia Rhodes

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been busy building an 8 track chillhop EP for unity's asset store, my new desk proved to be super efficient in this way , it took only a week after work ( Per mode ;)

here is a sample track , it's all about tone design & mix , rules are simples : 4 lines max at a time , simple & repetitive harmony , tons of post prod to get that lofi vibe , short tracks ( lesss than 3:30 )

for me it's like writing haïkus , simple but effective and the aim is to give young generations a hint of what they miss from the past, vs the crap they are given with maintream music.

Jazzbox on KPA
    Ujam double bass
    CS80 strings
    Arturia Rhodes

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cool track with some great sound design waraba definitely another area to continue exploring!

• Cool track with some great sound design waraba definitely another area to continue exploring!

Yes I really dig the art of chillhop tracking , it's all about minimalism & tone design , you should try it , it's really fun , just remember the rules explained above

ery much a chillhop kind of thing with very appropriate sounds.

Thx Mats, yes the choice of tones is really important here, that's why I use double bass & rhodes as a starting point.

The other element is Hip hop drums, you have to boost the kick drum much higher that classic tracks , while staying 'chill'

• I like that even though I've been getting dizzy with the roto. (I'm using one on my new mix too). Whoaaaa! Nice!

Yeah I went a bit too heavy on the pan , this is the one from reaper , it's great & simple( ping pong pan)

• waraba May 8, 2024 at 7:13 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Lazy Jazzbox - chillh-hop” to “Lazy Jazzbox - chill-hop”.