Kemper, EBMM Majesty & Piezo

• I'm trying to use my Majesty with both piezo and magnetic pickups, possibly at the same time (within the same rig). An earlier thread (April 2022 by Recognition) recommended using Loop Mono in stomp A and stomp B (empty, compressor, delay) and setting a Parallel Path. I've done this, but seem to only get sounds using one or the other (i.e. piezo or mag), DEPENDING on how the "Input Source (under Rig)" is set.

Input Source = Return Input Reamp - gives me piezo sounds but no mag sound

Input Source = Front Input (normal) - gives me mag sounds but no piezo sound

I've also experimented with Parallel Mix (Rig), Parallel Path (Rig) and Clean Sense (Input) to no avail. Is there something else I'm missing?

• How are you connecting from the Majesty to the KPA? Is it two cables to different inputs? With my PRS’ I use a regular guitar cable from the Magnetic Output to the Front Output of the KPA. I use a separate guitar cable from the Piezo Output to the FX Loop Return Input with the Parallel Path enabled. I use the switch on the guitar to select either or both outputs. Works well even though the piezo is limited to only one effect. I rarely use many effects for my regular guitar tones but would like to have Compression , EQ and Reverb all available on the piezo portion of the signal. Therefore, Imtend to use different rigs for each output and don’t blend them very often.

• Hi Wheresthedug - Yes, your information was helpful from the earlier thread. Spot on, in that is how I set my guitar up (two cables connected as you describe). The odd thing is that I get no sound from piezo unless I change the Input Source from Front Input to Return Input Reamp. But then there is no mag sound if I do make the Input Source change. Confused. :/

• SO I get the message "Effect loop is disabled. Aux input is active". I'm using Loop Mono in stomp A and I've tried Input Source both ways (as Front Input and as Return Into Ramp). Did you change your Input Source from Front Input? And does my loop message above mean anything? Thanks again.

• Bingo! That is the answer. Under Output, everything was off except for "To Phones". Once I turned that to zero, everything works as expected. Great! Thank you both for the assistance (so many buried items I would never think to adjust for).