Player USB for Rig Manager and Audio via USB hub?

• I did a bit of research on the Access Virus site, which may be highly relevant because it’s also a Kemper line. I also own a Virus TI2 and need to arrange the USB network in a rack I’m building.

It seems the key is that a hub follows the USB 2.0 “MTT” standard. Unfortunately, it is difficult to know if a given hub or switch meets the MTT spec or is only STT compatible.

If anyone is curious (can’t imagine many will be), here’s some info:

What are Multiple TT (MTT) USB Hubs?
    Details on what are MTT Hubs, how they are different from Single TT (STT) Hubs and why it is crucial to use MTT with your AtomMiner equipment.
    kb.atomminer.com

On Mac and Windows, check your hub as follows:

On MacOS, it is possible to install lsusb command line tool which was back-ported to MacOS long time ago via macports or homebrew install systems: sudo port install usbutils. Once installed, the steps are:

The hub type can be checked with lsusb command. TT information is provided in bDeviceProtocol field of the device descriptor of the hub in the question. Alternatively, one can run lsusb -v | grep TT or lsusb -v | grep bDeviceProtocol for the list of the bDeviceProtocol fields for all connected devices.

On Windows, you can check if your hub has this feature using the Windows Device Manager. Look for the words "Hub has multiple TTs" in the Advanced tab:

Edited 2 times, last by KeysAndGuitars (January 27, 2024 at 7:58 PM).