Rig Manager -- How does one extract an amp from a ramdom rig and copy it into presets to be used later ?

• Rig Manager -- How does one extract an amp from a ramdom rig and copy it into presets to be used later ?

some people are saying they have hundreds of amps in the presets area of Rig Manager. I filed a support ticket and the Kemper support never responded. Thanks Kemper for nothing!

I want to say for example .. copy a dumble amp from a existing rig and copy it over to the presets so I could use it on a new rig to be built later.

Rig manager 3.5.15 -- I cannot drag the amp column in a rig over to the library presets.

• flinstone5555 I think you can't copy and paste amps into the preset section in Rig Manager. That's the place for your fx settings or IR's.

When you want to copy and paste amps into your local library, then you have to do it under "All Rigs" --> "Local Library" --> and then create folders to your needs where you can put the amps in. Of course, then you have also the fx within some presets, but to my knowledge, this is the way to safe amps for yourself on a local spot in Rig Manager. Hope that help's you out.

Kemper Stage User

• Yes you can save an Amp as a preset. Do the same thing as you do with a fx in a fx slot. Click on the amp symbol in the rig and drag that to a folder in the preset pane on the left. It will be given a generic name, but you can rename it manually.

Remember though that this is just the amp without the cab so you need to save the cab as it's own preset, so I'm not sure how useful this is...

• Funny thing is that when I tried that this afternoon to check if the previous poster was correct RM saved the Deluxe Reverb rig no matter what rig I actually had loaded in the edit buffer. This didn't happen previously so there may be a bug at the moment. I'll need to test it again and see if it is repeatable. If so I'll report it as a bug.