Kemper audio doesn’t match sent audio on Mac

• I have a recording problem that I’ve been trying to fix for over a year and need some help. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with my Kemper though.

I’m trying to record my Kemper on my Mac but it never sounds very good. In any of the DAWs I’ve tried it always sounds a little compressed but thin and the highs don’t sound as crisp. The Kemper sounds great on its own but once the audio is in the daw it just doesn’t sound good. ..almost good but just off.

I’ve tried XLR cables, spdif through my Clarlett+8pre, and even the Kemper usb,.. always the same result. Sample rates are good on ALL settings, latency is very good, low. Even my helix sounds great direct but bad on my Mac and any DAW.

Any ideas? I’m getting desperate and have no other ideas on what to trouble shoot.

• Hi Rob, welcome, how are you monitoring all this?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• One of my main experiments/tests lately is recording the Kemper USB with short strums with pauses and then playing my guitar in between those pauses (with direct monitoring turned on) for comparison.

No matter how I connect the Kemper to my Mac and DAW I cannot match the monitor direct tone. Same with Helix.