Impulse Response profiling

• Dear Kemper,

since the "merged profile" function exists, where you can combine amp-only profiles with a studio-profile,
    why don´t you include a sinus-wave generator and a small convolution-progie into the Kemper OS, so people can handily and easily create IR´s of their OWN CABS as well and combine them with
    THEIR OWN DI AMP Profiles ...?
    A small section that creates Kemper-IRs on the fly.
    I bet thats relatively easy to do, because the functionality is already in the cabmaker included.
    Just include a sinus wave sweep generator into the OS PLUS the code of the cabmaker an
    we´re good to go...!
    Using either the only power-amp section of the amp to "profile" the IR.
    would be a nice way ...
    Or using a digital or transistor amp ... for IR.

What about that?

I think that would be JUST AWESOME.

DO your own IR´s via Kemper, without the Fuzz of needing a soundcard and bla bla ...

A.

• It would be interesting to know how different it could sound between IR merge and the "studio profile".
    I'm new as well, and I've been playing with direct profiling of my electronics. I have lots of acoustical measurement equipment to measure and create speaker IR's all day long, but from what I'm reading, the profiling function does some measuring of the dynamic coloration of the speaker cab that you can never really get out of an IR.

I'm wondering if I make an IR using noise at extreme levels, essentially capturing the compression dynamics of the cabinet, how different that could sound?

I think I have a bunch of experiments in my future.