Two Powered Kabs a Profiler and a Stage

• I ended up with Kemper profiler and remote, a Kemper stage, and a pair of powered Kabinets-- the stage being so easy to carry to (infrequent) sessions. I am hoping for suggestions on how you would cable the equipment? Would you just set up stereo from the regular profiler and keep the Stage sync'd and ready for travel/gigs?

Would you bypass the stereo opportunities and just use a Kab with each to maintain familiarity with the gear?

Can I possibly cable them to each other so I can achieve the stereo function with both, or is the stereo not worth the effort?

Leave the remote on the floor and keep the stage on a desktop front & center to learn and gain familiarity?

Looking for suggestions other than why do you have all of those-- my wife already handled that one.

I am curious what other people might be doing.

I am relatively comfortable working with the Kemper, until you get to the complexity of the rear panel, then I lose my way.

Much appreciated.

Bill

• Looking for suggestions other than why do you have all of those-- my wife already handled that one.

Love this bit :)

Honestly I think you have many choices here and no right or wrong answer.

I think your first major question is Mono or Stereo.

Personally I prefer mono, I don't think its worth the effort but depends on the situation as well. Single guitarist playing more ethereal music ( long held solo notes etc.), Stereo will probably work well. 2 guitars with tight sonic space, I'd go mono BUT this is only a suggestion.

Stereo is easy to set up and disengage ( as a test) so I would try it first before you invest too much time in either set up. Stereo is only the stereo effects...stereo amps by running both may cause phasing issues so I really would avoid that

I would probably use the stage at home and toaster for gigs....no other reason than it saves running long speaker cables across the stage, ethernet cables are easier to manage...but that's a very arbitrary reason. Keep them in sync by having the same software versions and profiles/performances loaded, that way you have an instant backup if needed or fly rig.

Hope that helps..

• Go stereo in the studio or tiny venue and mono on the world stage. ;)

Welcome to the Party! I think my wife welcomes your wife too especially on all those household repairs we promised to do. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Cool kit. I’d be monitor stereo speakers not cabs a main outs to FOH, if such a thing exists. I’d also be tempted to take the stage out and leave the profiler in the computer room cabled up. Depending on the amount of gigs I’d use both cabs in stereo all the time.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10