Anyone damaged the input profiling?

• I do not know if its a thing, but can you damage something profiling? I been on a profiling binge as you do, some good, more bad, and then it was all bad. I thought hmm whats up, using same settings as the good outcomes I tried everything right today. So i just tried everything an my profiles all loud an mushy compared to real amp. Did I damage the retern? Thing is its with the mic style input and the normal input. So it not a physical thing with the actual plug but I can not get a clear profile no matter if I change cables, levels etc. I am sure when profiling starts when it auto adjusts levels there be a switch of in the unit to not overload. Anyone heard anything like this?

Edited once, last by goldensheaf (May 16, 2023 at 8:11 AM).

• we do not have any reports about that. You can check the integrity of the direct out and return by connecting them with a cable and taking a profile of that cable. The resulting profile should be crystal clear.

Ok. Did the test an it ran clean. I did a profile of a computer vst amp and it profiled ok. But thats low level. Tried my amp again, an the louder woofy fuzz like sound profile is there. Its really strange. And It was profiling like normal same amp, same settings. Is there any self sadjusting levels in the kemper? Worth me doing a factory reset?

• Ok. Did the test an it ran clean. I did a profile of a computer vst amp and it profiled ok. But thats low level. Tried my amp again, an the louder woofy fuzz like sound profile is there. Its really strange. And It was profiling like normal same amp, same settings. Is there any self sadjusting levels in the kemper? Worth me doing a factory reset?

if profiling a cable or a VST does not exhibit any issues your hardware is working as expected. Make sure to set the Return level to a value where the signal level of the reference amp equals the one from the last selected rig at the output of the Profiler. If the level is too low or too high the Profiler will tell you with an error message. Are you using any loadbox or a real cab and a microphone?

• if profiling a cable or a VST does not exhibit any issues your hardware is working as expected. Make sure to set the Return level to a value where the signal level of the reference amp equals the one from the last selected rig at the output of the Profiler. If the level is too low or too high the Profiler will tell you with an error message. Are you using any loadbox or a real cab and a microphone?

Thanks for the help. These are DI profiles so the roon for error low. I am using a weber load but i was when i was profiling the amp before. Yes i profiled NAM the other day and its fine with those. The loadbox is not the issue as i tried profiles without it one round. Im in a aparrment and its not optimal at times but yes, i have used the kemper di an speaker. If i hadnt done succesfull profiles before i wouldnt be so sure its these things. I read on a post here someone said kemper does not like amps with clipping diodes? Jubalee etc. I will try your advice on the levels and try again. Will keep you posted. Thankyou.

• we do not have any reports about that. You can check the integrity of the direct out and return by connecting them with a cable and taking a profile of that cable. The resulting profile should be crystal clear.

I will post this here for others but it seems I may have had a dodgey speaker cable. Nothing overly wrong with it, it worked, but it did something when profiling. This expalins why profiling a vst was ok as your not using any. Thing is the speaker cable works on the amp ok but in the context of profiling it did something. So peeps, try diff cables. Thanks support for the help.