• Besides trigger finger woes, I have company staying here for a couple of weeks for the Holidays so I am trying to squeeze out mixes during "sneak aways". I figure if Per can do it with fever then I should be able to do some being "half" well. ;)

This began with the walk-down riff then I just fumbled around for the intro, bridge, and tie-ins. I doubled stereo tracks for the guitar and did soft pans. It seemed to sound the best for the tone I was after on this. I also tried using the kick and snare to highlight some guitar notes as Franjoe30 had suggested and mainly on the intro.

I used the Dual Rectifier AT5 by Amporium for guitar, and Brass Driver GEQ Metal by DonPeterson for bass. Drums are a mix of SD3 and MT Power Drumkit.

Not prefect but sounds pretty crisp. Cut me some slack for being down to 3 fingers. I'd like to get one more out before New Year. Happy Holidays everyone!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I start recognizing your own style in your tracks , wich is a pretty cool thing to develop.

I also hear a lot of rush influence , like the lead singer is waiting to sing these high pitched voices :)

• I hear continued improvement on the production and mix here as well as improvement on the timing which is great to hear. Keep working at it!

Thanks Per ! I hope to bring in a little more complicated riffing and techniques into mixes for next year, and expand on my play style. I need you all to get me there!

• I start recognizing your own style in your tracks , wich is a pretty cool thing to develop.

I also hear a lot of rush influence , like the lead singer is waiting to sing these high pitched voices :)

Thanks waraba ! That's one massive compliment I did not expect. I always hear the singer in my head when I play. I bet I get teary-eyed the first time I hear a vocalist against my track. I think that's got to be a pretty emotional moment. Hope I get there!