Rig Manager Desktop over Ethernet

• Greetings,

I am having some serious troubles with my KPA(s) connected to my PC via USB. I have already posted some issues here (KPA front panel freezes when switching profiles, does not actually switch profiles, USB update does not work). Now all this is (most probably) related to a faulty USB-Hub or ome other HW issue not related to the KPA itself, this I found out by meticulously testing various combinations. For now I somehow learnt to deal with those issues (unplug USB => all back to normal, update via USB stick a.s.o.).

Now with the release of the Rig Manager for iPad I cannot help but wonder why we cannot have a Rig Manager over Ethernet for the PC aswell? I could still update my units via USB-stick and just use the ethernet to switch profiles.

I once had an iPad (mini, 1st gen) but that unfortunately does not run the app. Android is ignored (but please don't start that war again, thanks). So if you can comunicate with the KPA via network from the iPad, I guess we could use that same channel on PC (or Mac) Desktop as well? I mean: I for one already have my KPAs connected via Ethernet so I could finally be done with that naggy USB stuff? Also it would free 2 of my (very precious) USB ports! Pretty please?