Performance managing still buggy in RM 3.0.111

• I decided to meddle with the new RM and the editor a little this weekend, to see if I can rely completely on RM for performance management/editing.

This is my experience: Magic when it works, but completely unrelieable... I used RM 3.0.111 on Windows 10, and a powered Kemper Profiler Rack.

Here are the problems I encountered. Note that the Profiler was in Performance mode the whole time.

* I had around 15 performances on the Profiler and I wanted to add them to my local RM library. Unfortunately there was a performance that on RM had correct name but the author was C.Kemper and it had only a single slot, the one used for initialized performances (Crunch). On the Profiler everything was fine (i.e., correct name, 4 slots available). I tried disconnecting the Profiler, and connecting it again, but nothing. I tried restarting RM, nothing again. At some point so gave up, used the Profiler to store it to a new slot, and then it appeared correctly on RM (the new slot).

* I tried renaming some of my local performances. When I renamed one, it renamed correctly. Then, as soon as I clicked on the name of the next performance to rename it, the name of that next performance changed to the new name I used for the previous performance. I don't know why. This also happened sometimes when I simply chose a next performance, without me having any interest into renaming it. Its name just changed, always into the last name I used.

* At some point I tried playing with my guitar. I had a performance selected both into RM and the Profiler. While playing, I used the Kemper remote to change a slot. The performance slot changed, but the old slot was for some reason copied over to the new slot, overwriting my slot (thankfully I had done my backups before☺️).

I don't know if any of these are known. I would gladly help the Kemper team to fix those bugs, in whatever way I can. Keep in mind though that not all of the above are reproducible in a standard way.

• Same experience here, unfortunately - so far, RM3 is only good at browsing presets for me - every time I tried to manage performances it ended up bad (especially third point on your list is particularly painful - slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.

• slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.

piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

I must have been doing something wrong, then. I'll spend some more time with it today in the afternoon and will try find out what it was.

Edit: Actually I sent yesterday two bug reports to support describing issues with renaming a rig which is currently being previewed and the second one where performance becomes a complete mess after just a few copy/paste operations. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Edited once, last by piotrmaj (April 9, 2020 at 1:56 AM).

• I have been having the same issue. Created a complete performance, all five slots filled. Saved the performance multiple times as I tweaked settings. Next day slot 5 was empty.

• G String I sent an email to the support many days ago, but got no reply.

I tried today again with RM 3.0.117, the performance renaming issue remains. I have created a video showing the problem. I can reproduce it even without the Profiler connected, so it is purely an RM bug. The bug manifests itself if I press Enter after changing the name of a performance in my local library in the inspect view. How should I proceed? Where should I sent the video considering I got no reply from support?

Thanks

Edited once, last by alextsi (April 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM).

• Hmm I don't have the number. I went to https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact selected "product support inquiry", selected my product (PowerRack), and then entered the text, accepted terms, and clicked send. I got a message in the window, informing me that my feedback was sent, but I never got an email back informing me that it was actually sent, or what my ticket number is... Maybe I did something wrong? When I click "send" what is the expected outcome? Should I retry?

• Hmm I don't have the number. I went to https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact selected "product support inquiry", selected my product (PowerRack), and then entered the text, accepted terms, and clicked send. I got a message in the window, informing me that my feedback was sent, but I never got an email back informing me that it was actually sent, or what my ticket number is... Maybe I did something wrong? When I click "send" what is the expected outcome? Should I retry?

just send it again please - you get a number is this case, my bad.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here