3/16 (dotted 1/8) Delay is not correct

• Hi,

in one Song i have to play in a cover band a dotted 1/8 delay is required.

The problem is: If I use any (tried several) delay and set the time to 3/16(1/8 dot) it is far slower. the tempo of the song is 98, but no matter if i set this tempo in the rig menu or i tap to the beat, it just isn't correct. everything else - 1/16,1/8,1/4, full quarter and so on - is correct, though.

Am i doing something wrong?

I cannot unlock the " to tempo" functin, because depending on the drummer, i have to tap the tempo during the song. The drummer does not use a click when playing live, so it varies.

i get the correct delay time, when i set the tempo to 148 and choose a 1/4 delay. but due to the tap-thing, i cant use it.

it is this song:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hope you can help, it is pretty urgent.

• nope, then it gets way to fast. if i set the tempo to 140-145, it's pretty much correct. but i cant use tap , because then the tempo will become 98 again.... this is a not working function and was programmed wrong. or am i dumb?

Not sure. If everything else functions properly with your KPA, chances are that it’s something you’re doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you share the rig? Just the delay is fine copied into a free rig.

• i will upload it tonight (german time).

but it should be possible to recreate my settings and test them:

single delay - digital delay - mix: about 85 - feedback: about 33 - interval 3/16(1/8 dot) - no modulation or anything.

then set the tempo in the rig menu to 98-100 and you will see, it is not a dotted 1/8 note...