Fortin Profiles?

• We have some great profiles of the Randal Satan. Would there be anything gained by someone profiling one of Fortin's custom amps? Or, maybe, this plugin?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't think I've ever heard a metal tone with that much stringiness/sharpness/clarity before.

• I can’t think of one reason that any amplifier manufacturer would like Kemper or Fractal Audio ...
    I am sure if you asked Fortin, Friedman, Bogner, they would tell you that amplifier sales have dropped somewhat since fractal and kemper have been stirred into the mix.

• Hmm, years ago, I remember reading an interview with a boutique amp manufacturer — I don't recall who — and he said his sales went up dramatically when his amps were included in some Line 6 gear and some plugins. Now, this was before the Axe-FX and Kemper were popular, and definitely before the Line 6 Helix, so those modelled tones wouldn't have been indistinguishable from the real thing. Perhaps people are exposed to Friedman or whatever in these devices and then lust after the actual amps? I'd like to think so anyway.

• Hmm, years ago, I remember reading an interview with a boutique amp manufacturer — I don't recall who — and he said his sales went up dramatically when his amps were included in some Line 6 gear and some plugins. Now, this was before the Axe-FX and Kemper were popular, and definitely before the Line 6 Helix, so those modelled tones wouldn't have been indistinguishable from the real thing. Perhaps people are exposed to Friedman or whatever in these devices and then lust after the actual amps? I'd like to think so anyway.

It was Carol Ann amplifiers - Alan Phillips

Alan also stated that he worked with Fractal to create a model of the Triptik 2 inside the Fractal, before he actually created the amp. The Fractal modeling (in advance), helped him understand what it would sound like when it was actually built.

• The amp industry will sell less and less amps. The history of business proves that everything change and is in evolution. Just like the 33 longplay was replaced by Cd (scandal) , the cd replaced by streaming (scandal)

So the profile replace the amp (scandal) Its always like that ...always will be. Uber replace cabs (scandal) Amazon replace brick and mortar (scandal) etc

Edited once, last by Gforce guitar (August 28, 2018 at 4:32 PM).

• and, if tubes go extinct or become so scarce the price is astronomically high, we'll all be in good shape with our modellers and profilers, now that the technology is so good. :)

Related question: has anybody used modelling to come up with a radical new amp design, in digital form, that wasn't first a physical metal box with glowing glass bottles in it?