It would be great to emulate recording studio tools

• If Kemper is able to take a convolution pic of a guitar amp, the character, the way that energy is transmitted through a city of resistors, capacitors, tubes...

I think that Kemper could emulate a famous studio compressor? or an "pultec" style equalization?

What do you think? Please comment, Kemper's principle I think it would be the same.

Thank you so much!! :)

• I agree with Nakedzen about the Slate stuff. I'm pretty sure the Kemper would be stuck in the same situation where it is now, i.e., it can reproduce the effect of a signal running through circuits set an exact, particular way, but anything else would be extrapolation on the Kemper's part; I've thought about profiling a Distressor and an EQ or two for giggles, and some SSL and API EQs we have floating around here, but ultimately, unless I'm (embarrassingly) fundamentally missing some things, you can't recreate what the circuit will do in all instances and all settings.

That isn't to say it wouldn't be cool or do interesting things, though. People made big poopies on the old LiquidMix for not being 1:1 accurate with its "clones", but you could get cool noises out of it.