Locking Remote Slots 1-5

• Hi all

A couple of months ago, I bought my KPA and it's awesome. I bought it along with my Remote because I love the simplicity of hooking it up, the size and the sturdiness of it. I use the backing track we use in our live set to switch the rigs on my KPA trough MIDI.

My question is this; is it possible to lock a rig to one of the five footswitches on the Remote? I'd like to use more than five rigs in my live set but if, for whatever reason, the MIDI connection between my KPA and the backing track is lost during the show, I would like to be able to immediately use a Performance Slot with five basic sounds. I would like my 'basic rigs' (Clean, Crunch, OD, Lead, Acoustic) to be under Performance Slot 1, Rig 1-5.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the backing track switches to, let's say, Performance Slot 5, Rig 3, and the MIDI connection is lost, the Remote would still be in that Slot. I am also the lead singer in the band and when I'm mid-song I usually do not have the time to switch all the way back to Performance Slot 1. The idea is that when the backing track no longer switches my rigs and is stuck in Performance Slot 5, I just hit the switch on my Remote and it immediately switches to Performance slot 1 where all my basic rigs are stored. Just like a regular MIDI foot controller would.

I wonder if this if possible at all, seeing as how the Remote is not triggered by MIDI.

I have no idea if this entire thing makes any sense to you, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sem

• An automatic fallback won't be possible, because the receiving MIDI device (which is the Profiler in this case) cannot notice, that the sending device has an issue or is down. MIDI isn't sending a kind of heartbeat. The Remote just reflects data and settings maintained in the Profiler.

So you intervention will be needed. Either you have one Performance "Fallback" at a location nearby (to avoid long scrolling to Performance 125). Or you store your five Rigs in Browser Mode, flag them as Favorites, so that you end up with five favorite Rigs in Browser Mode. And when it happens you just turn the chicken head and use Browser Mode instead of Performance Mode.