Yamaha CBR10 comparable to DXR10 just unpowered?

• Let me preface what I'll be using this for:

I currently run a Kemper Powerhead straight into FoH and listen through Ambient IEM's because I still like to hear the crowd and the "Environment" around me for lack of a better term. Unfortunately the sound of my guitar is lacking to me through the IEM's (I know it sounds PHENOMINAL in the audience) so I want something to ADD to my IEM's without affecting what the crowd is hearing (So having a Cab of any sort behind me facing the crowd I'd prefer to avoid). A small Wedge in front or beside me seems like a really solid compromise.

First off, what do you think of this idea? If you're concerned about me not being able to hear the Speakers because of the IEM's, don't be. They're designed to allow in ambient noise I can even talk at normal volume to people and hear them fine with my IEM's in.

Assuming that's a decent route to take, I'm looking for opinions on the CBR10. I see TONS of love for the DXR10 but I don't see the need to pay more for a powered wedge when I don't need it. Anyone using the CBR10 that can comment on it? Especially in comparison to the DXR10 if possible.

Thanks!

• this was all i got from yamaha a little while ago

Hi Matthew,
    We currently do not make a passive version on the DXR series. However, we do have a passive version of the DBR series. It's called CBR series. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us on the tech support line for further assistance.
    (866) 211-9366
    Thanks,

• Funnily enough I was looking into the CBR but I had a feeling they weren't as good as the DXR or DBR ( read it somewhere)...

I was looking into it because I wanted a compact backline but I have the powered rack and want a passive version ( so I can control the volume from the Kemper..).

In the end I bought one of these http://www.kpa-solutions.com/camper-plus-kit/ and pretty happy with it...although not wedge shaped.