Kemper Making A Strange Noise and Volume Question

• I was setting up a performance today. In stomp 1 is the Green Scream Boost and in stomp 3 is the Phaser EVH (I think that's what it's called). If I turn both on at the same time I get some strange noise. It almost sounds like digital noise. I have attached a link to a recording. It is coming thru my main outs as well as the speaker out. It seems to only be this drastic when any form of the Green Scream is in slot 1 and the phaser is on.. I tried just a Pure Booster and it definitely not as bad. I ended up putting a Noise Gate in stomp 2 and it seems to be a real help. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Kemper Noise

Next question... Can I program a different volume pedal level per performance slot without having an actual pedal connected? We have a song that when it was recorded I used the guitars volume at different levels per part. The changes happen very quickly so it would be nice if you could just program that into the slots as a volume pedal setting and not have to touch the guitars volume. Just tap a button and it's as if I rolled my guitars volume knob down. I hope that made sense.

Music is my religion.

• I was setting up a performance today. In stomp 1 is the Green Scream Boost and in stomp 3 is the Phaser EVH (I think that's what it's called). If I turn both on at the same time I get some strange noise. It almost sounds like digital noise. I have attached a link to a recording. It is coming thru my main outs as well as the speaker out. It seems to only be this drastic when any form of the Green Scream is in slot 1 and the phaser is on.. I tried just a Pure Booster and it definitely not as bad. I ended up putting a Noise Gate in stomp 2 and it seems to be a real help. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Kemper Noise

Next question... Can I program a different volume pedal level per performance slot without having an actual pedal connected? We have a song that when it was recorded I used the guitars volume at different levels per part. The changes happen very quickly so it would be nice if you could just program that into the slots as a volume pedal setting and not have to touch the guitars volume. Just tap a button and it's as if I rolled my guitars volume knob down. I hope that made sense.

Not too sure about the first issue, but some combinations of FX have been known to cause this IIRC. There was someone who was posting about a problem of high pitched digital screaming when he used a TS stomp. It went away when he used a noise gate, like you.

As far as your second question, it is possible with midi if your volume pedal in the rig section is set to pre. Just send the midi CC value and it will behave like you rolled down your guitar volume control. But you can also get a similar effect by just creating a separate rig and lowering the gain, since this would serve the same function.

• Thanks. I will try the midi volume thing. I tried the gain thing, but the whole band drops and just dropping the gain did not bring me far enough down in the mix. I'll need to drop in volume.

Music is my religion.

• I should say is your noise I always get with using a TS and gain amp, I use a gate after TS for that noise, then after that play again and turn up your volume to see if you get the noise I was, if so only way to fix it is a gate in the x slot. Since I have bought profiles from Sinmix and also from Reampzone, they do it but not as often, I also realized the TS in the kemper at 0 on volume is equal to 10 in the real world, I keep it now at 0 or -2, I have also been somewhat conservative with my gain.

• Thank you for the help. It is a shame that this is even an issue but I guess everything has a trade off. My Bogner XTC loop is noisy as all get out and it weighs a ton but it sounds incredible. I guess the TS noise is just something I'll have to live with.

Music is my religion.

• Thank you for the help. It is a shame that this is even an issue but I guess everything has a trade off. My Bogner XTC loop is noisy as all get out and it weighs a ton but it sounds incredible. I guess the TS noise is just something I'll have to live with.

How much gain do you have running? Is it really high? I use a real tube screamer in front of my Kemper and I don't get any squealing noises.

• How much gain do you have running? Is it really high? I use a real tube screamer in front of my Kemper and I don't get any squealing noises.

Gain on Bogner Helios profile at around 7 (2 o'clock on the dial) and the GreenScream with Level at 1 and gain at .8 I think (it's the Green Boost setting with the level turned down a bit.

It is not squealing, it is some sort of weird digital chirping. Sound is attached above.

Music is my religion.

Edited once, last by LPRizzo (June 3, 2017 at 9:41 PM).

• Not too sure about the first issue, but some combinations of FX have been known to cause this IIRC. There was someone who was posting about a problem of high pitched digital screaming when he used a TS stomp. It went away when he used a noise gate, like you.

As far as your second question, it is possible with midi if your volume pedal in the rig section is set to pre. Just send the midi CC value and it will behave like you rolled down your guitar volume control. But you can also get a similar effect by just creating a separate rig and lowering the gain, since this would serve the same function.

I'm using the Remote for the Profiler. Not sure how, or if, I even can send a CC to the Profiler. What I have been doing is setting up an EQ stomp, set flat, with the volume turned down. Best I could come up with.

Music is my religion.