Kemper PowerRack/PowerHead Load Question

• So I got my Kemper rack (unpowered) in February primarily to use with my roots rock band as we cover a number of genres from funk and R&B to hard rock and everything in between (blues and classic rock). It's worked out so well that I profiled my Bogner Uberschall and started using the Kemper for my symphonic metal band as well (the uber hasn't been turned on in literally 3 months now). Now that I'm so dependent on the Kemper for both bands I'm looking into buying a 2nd one this summer and I'm considering a PowerRack. I know the wattage won't be an issue as my 180 watt ISP stealth has been plenty even for smaller gigs where guitars aren't mic'd (roots rock band only for those types of gigs), but I am wondering given that the poweramp is class D if its safe to run a PowerRack without a cab or load box. Generally speaking I'll usually be running into a Mesa vertical 2x12 or a pair of custom 1x12s, but I can forsee gigs at certain venues where I don't want to bother with a cab...there's one in particular in Portland where you have to haul gear up 3 flights of stairs with no elevator. Can anyone speak to whether or not you can safely run this way?

TL;DR and follow-on questions:
    -Can I run a PowerRack with no cab or load box safely given that it's class D?
    -How reliable are the poweramps in these?
    -If I unlink the master volume (which I have to anyways because holy crap are they hot!!) can I turn the volume all the way down and have no cab volume (this is important for tracking pre-production demos in my symphonic band as we all run IEMs).