Just bought a Kemper Powerhead! HELP! hahahaha

• Hello, everyone! I just got a new kemper powerhead! I have a gig to play tomorrow and would love to use it. I realistically only need 4 or 5 tones for tomorrow. I'm looking for merged tones so I can use a cabinet and get an authentic tone through my 212, but send the mic'd version to front of house. Is all of this possible before tomorrow?? hahah

Thanks everyone! Stoked! :D

Mike.

• Hello, everyone! I just got a new kemper powerhead! I have a gig to play tomorrow and would love to use it. I realistically only need 4 or 5 tones for tomorrow. I'm looking for merged tones so I can use a cabinet and get an authentic tone through my 212, but send the mic'd version to front of house. Is all of this possible before tomorrow?? hahah

Thanks everyone! Stoked! :D

Mike.

Yes Mike, no problem. I will explain, but you also really need to read the Kemper "Deeper View and Reference Manual 5.1", which can be downloaded, here:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

You will want to connect your guitar cabinet to your KPA's MONITOR OUTPUT jack. Use the Main Outputs to connect to the FOH.

Now, go into the OUTPUT menu of your KPA.

You will find a setting/paramater that you need to toggle "off" or disable. I believe you will see it as a check box, which will be controlled by the soft button directly above it. The setting is called "Monitor Cab/OFF". This will globally disable all the Cabinet profiles (Cab Sims) that are sent through the KPA's MONITOR OUTPUT connection. However, it will not affect the Cabinets on the Main Output signal. In other words, your FOH will get the full STUDIO profile (Amp + Cab), whereas your physical guitar cabinet will only receive the Amp section of the profile (no Cab).

This can be found on pages 32-33 of the aforementioned manual.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    John