Recording with Kemper

• I am new to the Kemper world and trying to figure out the best way to record. Prior to this, I was using the POD HD500 and recording was a breeze as it had a built in audio interface. My current connections are as follows:

Kemper -> Tascam US 1800 (via S/PDIF) -> PC (Reaper)

I am monitoring through Reaper's track and monitoring option, however if I turn down the latency in the setting, the PC starts to stutter etc. I want to be able to hear the backing tracks in Reaper (drums etc) so I cannot connect the headphones to Kemper's headphone port. Also, I record at night so sending a separate signal to a cabinet/monitor and listen through that is not an option either.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

• I am new to the Kemper world and trying to figure out the best way to record. Prior to this, I was using the POD HD500 and recording was a breeze as it had a built in audio interface. My current connections are as follows:

Kemper -> Tascam US 1800 (via S/PDIF) -> PC (Reaper)

I am monitoring through Reaper's track and monitoring option, however if I turn down the latency in the setting, the PC starts to stutter etc. I want to be able to hear the backing tracks in Reaper (drums etc) so I cannot connect the headphones to Kemper's headphone port. Also, I record at night so sending a separate signal to a cabinet/monitor and listen through that is not an option either.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

I don't own a Tascam, but looking at pics, I'd run the outputs of the Kemper into a couple of inputs on the front of the Tascam and plug my headphones into the headphone jack of the Tascam, as well.

• I had that Tascam and it sounded terrible. It made all my recordings lofi sounding. I've no idea why, no one could get it to not sound like that. How does yours sound aside from the stuttering?

I got a Focusrite 18i8 and it's much much better. And it has SPDIF. I'd recommend that, and there's a good thread I started in which it was explained to me exactly how to set it all up and how to use it in a DAW.

• So by doing thaPhilUK84 wrote

I had that Tascam and it sounded terrible. It made all my recordings lofi sounding. I've no idea why, no one could get it to not sound like that. How does yours sound aside from the stuttering?

I got a Focusrite 18i8 and it's much much better. And it has SPDIF. I'd recommend that, and there's a good thread I started in which it was explained to me exactly how to set it all up and how to use it in a DAW.

I have not used the Tascam much since I got the HD500 as I was recording guitars directly from the POD to the PC. The only thing I recorded via the Tascam was the vocals which sounded okay. I will have to try recording via Kemper into Tascam this time and see how it sounds. I was trying not to get another audio interface as I've already spent the money on the Kemper.

Having said that, what coldfrixion suggested above worked better for monitoring.