Recording outputs?

• Hi all...
    Hoping you can help. I found a cool bass profile that sounds great for what I want to record. I am running my master output (set as stereo) to my L/R inputs on my interface. I usually record into the DAW one channel - left or right. When recording this bass profile, it didn't sound the same recording the left signal. There are no post stack effects. It sounds almost DI. However I have Master outputs set for master stereo. So then I recorded a track in stereo from the Master output and it sounds exactly like I heard through my monitors, which is what I want. But I don't want to record all of my guitars/bass in stereo. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using Monitor Out with mono to record? Again, there are no stereo effects in use, so I figured running stereo into my DAW and choosing left or right for the record signal would be fine. Am I wrong?
    Thanks for any help!

• Hey sogrocks, I see two options:

Set the master outs to mono in the Output section and use either the left or right one.

Use the monitor out.

You might want to take the Kemper's DI out at the same time for blending during mixdown and / or reamping.