Lock Feature: What am I doing wrong?

• Guys, am hoping somebody can maybe shed some light on what I may be doing wrong here....

I loaded a rig and locked the EQ and Cab so I could use those when browsing through a variety of different amps. (And there were no stomps or effects involved in any rigs in this this scenario)

Next I browsed (with autoload) until I found a rig I liked the sound of. I then saved it (with new name). All is well so far at this point.

Problem is, the tone won't stick. If I leave the rig and then go back and re-load it I've lost the tone. It has apparently"reverted" back to some other settings although it is NOT being reflected as such. It still looks like the correct cab and EQ are stored. But the sound is entirely different than when I saved it.

This issue is reproducible, does it every time. I assume there's likely some operator error here however I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. ?(

Sonic

Edited once, last by SonicExporer: Clarification (April 2, 2017 at 6:31 AM).

• Guys, I think there may be something wrong my KPA....

This issue seems to surface when I try locking down the EQ and Cab sections and then browse to another rig. I'm not certain, but I think what triggers the problem is going into the Amp settings and tweaking something. The tone starts changing as if there is a parallel rig playing. Hard to describe, like a clean tone (but not direct clean) playing over top of the distortion, almost going from high gain to a crunch Tele effect. When this happens, the only way to correct it is to unlock the EQ and Cab and the re-load the original profile. Otherwise this problem just follows around to all rigs when loading.

Yikes, have any of you guys encountered anything like this before, or is there maybe some kind of operator error on my part?? I

Sonic

• ... or if you want to verify that it's software-based you could temporarily install a different FW version, preferably one that didn't immediately precede the one you're using, IMHO, Sonic.

Obviously, be sure to create a backup file using the Backup / Restore feature.