Question on Kemper harmonizer and how you'd harmonize this part..

• Band has been doing the song "Your Love (Josie) for a good year. The solo is a harmony guitar part that I always "fake" by playing both notes at once. It works..but isnt as good as it could be. I'd like to know what woudl be the best way to get "this" sound on the Kemper. I also want to know how to tell how to set up a harmony to it.

Here's the song:
    Your Love
    At 1:35 the solo starts. The song is in E but the chord progression your playing over is Gmajor and A major. How would you set up the Kemper harmonizer to do this? (Or woudl it be a pitch shifter?)

thx

• I've been playing the song with the Harmonic pitch effect for the past few years, but, from playing around with the new Pitch Delays, it is now possible to sound even more like multiple guitars using them. So, I will be making a new rig soon.

For now, try this:

In the X Slot -
    Harmonic Pitch
    Voice 1 -3rd
    Voice 2. -3rd
    Key = D/Bm (it is a modal harmony)
    Formant Shift = 0.0
    Formant Shift checkbox = On
    Voice Balance = 0.0
    Mix = -34.2%
    Ducking =0
    Volume = 0

Play the top guitar part. The harmony part will be heard below what you play.

Depending on the profile you use, you may want to adjust the Formant Shift amount, or enable Pure Tuning.

And, I use the Hyper Chorus in the Mod slot, and plenty of Delay, too :)

• Awesome. Thank you. I will give that a try tomorrow.
    So couple of questions:
    1. why the X slot? (I am still a bit confused about the X slot and when to use it).
    2. (And this is not a kemper question...) but why D/Bm? Just trying to figure out how that relates to the key of E or the chords that are being played over the lead (G,A). My theory sucks.

• Is didn't know there is delay available in the KPA? :):)

• Awesome. Thank you. I will give that a try tomorrow.
    So couple of questions:
    1. why the X slot? (I am still a bit confused about the X slot and when to use it).
    2. (And this is not a kemper question...) but why D/Bm? Just trying to figure out how that relates to the key of E or the chords that are being played over the lead (G,A). My theory sucks.

1. You might also choose the mod slot, but it should be post stack. Harmonizer in prestack positions sounds very different on overdriven sounds (might sound similar to playing more than one note at once).

2. G and A major are the IV and the V chord of the D major scale.

• Worked great. Thank you!! I ended up doing the 2nd voice in unison..but otehrwise everything else was just about spot on. I did turn on pure tuning. I didnt try the hyper chorus. I was using a vintage chorus but I may have to try the hyper chorus as the vintage didnt sound quite right...

• Worked great. Thank you!! I ended up doing the 2nd voice in unison..but otehrwise everything else was just about spot on. I did turn on pure tuning. I didnt try the hyper chorus. I was using a vintage chorus but I may have to try the hyper chorus as the vintage didnt sound quite right...

You can also use voice mix to turn off one of the voices instead of setting them to the same note or one unisono.