Super Tight Almost Solid State Reponse Metal Tips

• I have had my Kemper for 3 years now and have thought that just maybe the Kemper wasn't able to do super tight metal profiles, I mean like Randall solid state tight.

I know the Kemper is designed to emulate tube amps so I didn't consider this a fault per se.

With an external boost I could get it acceptable but it just felt like there was initial bloom to the note that I couldn't dial out. This is mainly a feel thing but it does translate to the sound and playing precision.

My biggest problem with profiles I have tried that incorporate a baked in boost is they sound kind of plastic and/or loose a little of the dynamic or become less open.

I was able to find a way around it by profiling my AX8 set super tight and then adding a Green Scream set to 25-35% mix with dist and level set to taste.

Here is a cobbled together sample to give an idea:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was curious if other users have felt this or if they had found ways to overcome it?

• Lately I have been using the Mark V profile from ChopTones and with a set of EMG's its pretty tight. My second guitar has passive pickups (Pegasus/Sentient) and for it I add a compressor in slot A. and use a healthy dose of the squash with an extremely low attack. Those combinations work well. I do run Mesa cabs and power them with a Matrix power amp. So not using any cab on the profiles.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• Lately I have been using the Mark V profile from ChopTones and with a set of EMG's its pretty tight. My second guitar has passive pickups (Pegasus/Sentient) and for it I add a compressor in slot A. and use a healthy dose of the squash with an extremely low attack. Those combinations work well. I do run Mesa cabs and power them with a Matrix power amp. So not using any cab on the profiles.

Are you using a boost with the profile?