Setting specific tempo from an external controller

• If you don't want to tap tempo with CC30, you also can activate Beat Scanner with it:

(from Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation Manual)
    Sets Tempo Tap If your floorboard supports separate events on “pressing” and “releasing” a button, send 1 when “pressed” and 0 when “released”. If the floorboard can only send one event, use value 0. When value 1 has been sent and no value 0 for 3 seconds, the Beat Scanner is being activated.

If you are used to working with Sysex, the MIDI manual indicates there are values for "Rig Tempo" and for "Enable Rig Tempo".

You don't have to use MIDI, if the band uses consistent tempos - You save the Tempo for each Performance Slot.

• If you don't want to tap tempo with CC30, you also can activate Beat Scanner with it

I'm aware of the Beat Scanner function, but it still requires adjusting the tempo for every song (plus it's not particularly accurate).

If you are used to working with Sysex, the MIDI manual indicates there are values for "Rig Tempo" and for "Enable Rig Tempo".

That's exactly what I'm after! I'll have a look at the MIDI manual. Thanks! :thumbup:

You don't have to use MIDI, if the band uses consistent tempos - You save the Tempo for each Performance Slot.

I'd rather avoid that, as I don't want to create (and maintain) a performance for every song.