So, any thoughts on the Turbosound iP 1000-2000 Line array loudspeakers?

• Considering it, especially given the financing offers this month from sweetwater. They apparently were acquired by Music Group (behringer, bugera, midas for your reference.), and from the reviews so far, although not as good as the Bose series of line-arrays, they still sound pretty good. I know it's piqued my interest, for practice and casual listening etc. Playing guitar on studio monitors & headphones all the time when at home, just isn't very fun if you ask me :P hahah

So anyone here picked up a set of these? What's been your experience so far?

• I haven't kept up with the TS offerings since, ahem... 20 years ago, but I was always a fan based on what I was hearing from them. For live sound, especially if one was organising, hiring and carting the gear, one couldn't go wrong with TS. At least, that's what I found, and I swore by them.

Things may have changed these days, of course, but even if they're "only" as good as they were 18 or 20 years ago, they'll still be pretty damned good IMHO.

• Yeah the TS line does seem to be garnering quite the rave reviews from users that pre-ordered the units, over at sweetwater at least. So far, it's becoming fairly tempting to go for it. I just wish there was someplace a bit more local to demo these for a short while. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about exclusive iOS remote capability, but I could live with it until they decide to support an android app. Then again, I wonder if it's receptive to any bluetooth in any case. Bluetooth streaming is something I'm unfamiliar with, but I'm guessing it may very well just scan & pair, and the iOS app is more just for control. I may be mistaken though, and it simply only streams audio over bluetooth.

It's either this, or new monitors. Been wanting a pair of avatones anyways. I don't have a system for enjoying music on, which makes the pa all the more appealing in any case. Would help having the sub to check my mixes on too, since my car stereo is pretty shiiite lol

I remember hopping into a rental with a few mixes on hand, popped the cd in, and constant sub tones throughout, bleghh...

• I'm thinking seriously of getting one of these. If I do, I'll report back. Also, my guy, Mike Pyle gave me a good quote on them, should any of you have an interest. His contact info:
    Mike Pyle
    Audiopyle Sound
    707-315-6204
    mike@audiopyle.com

Please tell him that Larry Sheppard referred you.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer