• Well, I said I was gonna wait for reviews, but I didn't. Here are my rambling thoughts:

I got mine from Sweetwater, advertised price. So far, just figured out how to actually get the thing controlling and controlled on my iMac using Logic Pro X.

There sure are a lot of buttons, haha. But the transport, faders and things like Pan are tamed after some fiddling around with.

My initial impression was: Frustration, as I've never used a controller before. And there is ZERO help out there on this product. Documentation is sparse and sucks. Behringer should do a better job with this. So I suspect it will be forums for newbies like me. I went to their forum to find some help and did find a few things there, but mostly had to figure things out by trial-and-error.

My second impression after getting some of the basics working was: Satisfaction that I'm not totally stupid and... I like it! I wanted a controller, I have a controller, it controls.

When I actually understand more about this, or get time to do a project I'll chime in more. So far I don't have any problems with the buttons or display, as long as the unit isn't too high on a desk since the readouts are somewhat flat. Or else build something to prop it on an angle. The keys are plastic and "cheap" but the unit only costs $600 out-the-door and for a few-projects-a-year-amateur like me, no problem. For hard core users, different story perhaps.

The foot space is good. Not too big, not too small. I don't feel cramped with both hands on it, nor does it take up my desk space. I can get my Kemper unit, extended mac Keyboard (with number pad and mouse pad), and this unit all on my studio table. I'll take a picture later. Too busy this morning.

My first thought was " I'll play with it and return it if I don't like it" but when I got it working last night I felt that tight snap inside of "Oh, I'm keeping this" so it seems like a worthwhile buy for me.

That said, not having previous controller experience, I'm satisfied with the price-point-per-features of the unit.

Logic Pro X controller protocol:
    I'm currently using the MC protocol, not the HUI. The HUI didn't seem to work as well. I'll give more specifics on which MC I used in Logic as I get time later.

To Properly Select the PROTOCOL and Communication Port:
    1) power up holding the first track's "SELECT" button
    2) choose the Protocol with Track One's pan knob
    3) choose the communication port (MIDI, USB, etc) on Track Two's pan knob.
    4) press "SELECT" again and it works. Works on rebooting.

UPDATING FIRMWARE
    I did get it with version 1.03 or something and updated to 1.14 via USB no problem using Snoize's SysEx Librarian to play the new firmware via MIDI.
    1) Download latest firmware from Behringer
    2) for Mac, download from Snoize's website their SysEx Librarian
    3) Drag the firmware file to the opened Librarian, or drop it in the librarian's folder which is under "Documents"
    4) Make sure the X-Touch is connected, I used USB, turn it on HOLDING THE "DISPLAY" button! It's now ready to receive the new firmware.
    5) Play the MIDI file on the SysEx and let it run.
    6) Reboot the X-Touch (You can do this whole procedure without selecting protocol or communication port in the first set of directions, it just works over USB fine)

Sorry about the rambling nature of this post. I would organize the info better, but I gotta run, and wanted to put this up there for anyone who just got one and needs a bit of help. Or someone on the verge who is interested in a review since almost none exist except one this forum (from a person much more experience with controllers, much appreciated, I think it was Lightbox? If so, thank you for the many videos!) I did find 2 reviews that were in German on a sellers website but it refused to show them to me since it said it was "in another language" so I couldn't read and translate them. Frustrating.

So now I'm tagging Ingolf to get the Slate Virtual Microphone system so I can GAS for it and thereby force my kid to pay her last year of college on her own!

• I think it was Lightbox? If so, thank you for the many videos

Very welcome :)
    I should do a few more videos but time doesn't allow right now. Since they fixed the time display (with Cubase) during my stay in Nepal, I can now state that this device is a keeper. But nothing is perfect, so here's my 4 remaining issues with this unit:

1. The Shuttle wheel is just a shuttle, no combined Jog/Shuttle and it feels a bit to plastic for my taste.
    2. The LCD displays are pretty much unreadable when you put it on a table without some angle.
    3. I miss a feature to have the displays colored (by track color or by type of parameter when controlling plugins or the channel strip)
    4. Also I miss an option to do custom sorting/grouping of controllable parameters. Currently it's automatic assignment and not always in the most handy way.

Apart from the above 4 complaints I'm happy using it and currently I have it accompanied by an old Behringer BCR2000 which serves quite well as a solution for my issue #4.

Cheers
    Martin